- Toronto, ON, Canada
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 15 déc. 17
Asst Dir - Sr Actuarial Programmer
Lieu de travail : Toronto, ON, CanadaThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Assistant Director - Senior Actuarial Programmer will work closely with other actuaries and actuarial programmers and will collaborate with our client support, system design and marketing professionals. They will design and implement new features for AXIS and solve actuarial issues posed by our clients. At this level, the actuarial programmers are working on complex code and designing features that have a broad scope and implication.
- Interpret business requirements and take ownership of code across an entire module.
- Provide feedback on client requirements from a technical perspective
- Analyze and implement solutions and program complex new features in AXIS. Participate in meetings with clients to discuss specifications
- Design and implement various features that have wide implication and scope
- Investigate and find the root cause for bugs reported by clients
- Provide client support for end users.
- Ensure compliance with coding standards.
- Review code of less senior team members, provide guidance from technical perspective.
- Research and review new technologies.
- Specialize and develop expertise in multiple areas of actuarial practice.
- Participate and provide leadership for Interest Groups and Working Groups.
- Train actuarial programmers
GGY a Moody's Analytics Company is an actuarial software company located in Toronto, Ontario, devoted to developing, maintaining, and supporting GGY AXIS. This is an integrated, full-featured actuarial software product used in Canada, US and around the world.
- A degree in actuarial science with a minor in computer science preferred.
- At least 5 years of actuarial programming experience.
- FSA or equivalent actuarial designation
- Significant experience with object oriented design & development, C++ required.
- Experience in development tools such as Visual Studio.
- Strong analytical & technical skills - excellent research capabilities.
- Good communication skills.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.