Senior Software Developer (C++/C#) - Onsite Bahamas
- Toronto, ON, Canada Toronto ON CA
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 13 mars 18 2018-03-13
The senior software developer at QuantRes will complement the existing development by working on existing our existing core trading operations software. The senior developer works within the development group to create and maintain the fund’s custom systematic trading infrastructure. This may include software projects related to exchange connectivity, data download, data derivation, selection, and aggregation. Additionally, senior members of the development team will be expected to participate in the design process, take ownership responsibility for one or more core software systems, and mentor junior developers.
I. Key Responsibilities and Competencies
ü Designing and building mission-critical subsystems that our trading team can rely on.
ü Taking ownership of existing C++ code to make improvements and modifications as needed.
ü Collaborate with the trading team and other developers to design, implement, and test core components in Microsoft .NET/C#.
ü Document changes to design and business logic.
ü Maintain high quality and performance at all stages of development.
ü Commitment to standards and conventions agreed upon internally.
II. Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Financial discipline.
- Min. 5+ years of development experience with Microsoft Visual C++ and .NET/C#
- Proficiency with multithreaded code, in-depth knowledge of data structures and algorithms, experience with STL and BOOST, as well as real-time systems.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL and creating stored procedures.
- Familiarity with a messaging bus, such as Apache Kafka, and experience with building RESTful APIs.
- Experience in writing unit and integration tests.
- Strong knowledge of quantitative skills. Experience with finance and/or futures trading is a major plus.
III. Location and travel requirements
The Senior Software Developer will be based on site at our headquarters in The Bahamas.