Investment Associate – Hospitality Asset Management
- Abu Dhabi, Abou Dabi, EAU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- United Al Saqer Group
- 12 janv. 18 2018-01-12
POSITION SUMMARY The position is as a member of the Investment Team in the Investment Department of the family office of a large Abu Dhabi conglomerate. The family office invests primarily in Private Equity, Venture Capital, Real Estate and Financial Markets. The position will report directly to the Investment Manager-Real Estate and will assist the IMRE with overseeing private market investments in hospitality related assets, both from an ongoing investment management perspective for those assets already acquired and also for future acquisitions or sales in this sector.
The Investment Team manages investments internally, selects & monitors external asset managers across multiple asset classes and assesses direct investments into companies\assets. The position also assists the CIO and the Investment Team in performing a variety of administrative and managerial duties related to planning, organizing, and directing the investment functions of the Group.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Active involvement in the asset management of a portfolio of 4 high-end hospitality assets located in Europe and the UAE through regular interaction with management teams or external operators at the assets.
- Where necessary take an active role in projects that are undertaken to improve the assets or their offerings physically and operationally, e.g. F&B, on-going renovation, redevelopment etc.
- Review, benchmark and analyze the financial data of the hospitality assets and keep informed of the trends and dynamics of each market so as to develop a strong understanding of each of the assets, their respective markets and global trends that may impact on them.
- Prepare ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting for the IMRE and CIO.
- Review and understand the Operator and Management Agreements as the owner:
- complying with and adhering to the terms of the Agreements
- ensuring that the operators and hotel management are adhering to the their terms of the agreements
- Review and manage operating budgets, capital budgets, marketing plans and their impact from an owner’s perspective:
- Liaise with hotel and operator management to ensure that Budgets are accurate and feasible
- Agree budgets with the hotel and operator management and submit them internally for owner sign-off
- Monitor performance versus forecast performance and report on variances
- Understand all variations to the forecasts and their impact on operations
- Build and maintain relationships with the managers and operators of the Group’s Hospitality assets
- Develop a deep understanding of the performance and any potential issues that may affect the hospitality assets and provide timely reporting on these.
- Stay abreast of hospitality industry trends and the impact that those trends may have on the Group’s hospitality assets.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization
- 3-5 years of equivalent experience
- Very good understanding of the hospitality industry and its market dynamics
- Good understanding of The Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry (USALI) 10th and 11th Editions
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-ranked university, in hospitality or finance preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to work both independently and as a productive member of Investment Team
- Good communication/interpersonal skills with motivation to learn and advance
- Ability to multi-task while generating accurate, timely and complete output
- Strong Excel modelling skills, Strong Reporting Skills (using Word) and Good presentation skills (PowerPoint)
- High degree of honesty and integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Sound knowledge of and interest in the hospitality industry
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Outgoing, business-like personality
- Entrepreneurial mindset, intellectual curiosity and interest in expanding beyond field of expertise
- Languages: English (French and Arabic advantageous)