Client Manager, Financial Institutions (UAE Nationals Preferred)
- Dubaï, EAU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 19 nov. 17 2017-11-19
Please view Job Description for details.
The Client Manager is the pivotal relationship in the Client Delivery team responsible for delivering exceptional client account management. The Client Manager is responsible for proactively managing the client account on all day to day maintenance activities to ensure the highest level of client service and relationship health. The Client Manager will support the Senior Bankers/Bankers on an aligned client portfolio to ensure strong client delivery execution.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide direct support to the Senior Banker/Banker through proactive client account management of the following activities:
- Ensure the highest level of client service and risk mitigation through proactive client account management support with client on-boarding (liaising with COBAM), credit monitoring (liaising with CA COE) and flow maintenance
- Actively engage and collaborate with Clients, Senior Bankers/Bankers and Product Partners to understand and respond to any issues/concerns relating to the ongoing account maintenance including highlighting any unusual utilization patterns to coverage teams.
- Provide proactive support on account maintenance activities like documentation, reporting etc by engaging and collaborating with the client, COBAM, CA, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal and Compliance and relevant ops teams as required to ensure the clients expectations are met or exceeded
- Escalate issues/concerns relating to account maintenance activities to the CM Team Lead for follow up as relevant
- Engagement and coordination with Legal & Compliance, Credit, CRC, CDU and Clients on standard documentation requirements such as standard terms, country supplements, banking facility letter, master credit terms, supplementary letters etc
- Obtain necessary approvals for T&C deviations on standard documentation from the relevant authoriser as necessary
- Follow through to ensure documentation completion and validate limits are correctly loaded/reflected in TP systems
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimised (as reflected in DDW etc) and are rectified in a timely manner
- Engage and follow up with COBAM/Product Sales Manager if required with respect to any outstanding CDD related items e.g Update known changes, respond to case queries, CDD overdues, approval/review of CDD cases, etc.
- As a secondary qualitative measure, in the event that key client data hasn't been accurately captured by COBAM or any other data capture owners, ensure general portfiolio hygiene of client data ie correct client tagging, limit information, segment classification etc in SCI, WorkBench.
- Annotate on past dues and excesses daily in the portfolio. i.e. Ensure excesses/past dues are regularized on time and cash/cheques are released on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to Banker and CA.
- Review and follow up on Unsettled (FX) Past Due Trades reports & Failed trades reports with Operations
- Support Loan Drawdown, Cash Management, LTP Trades (FI), Trade Offerings & Audit Confirmations
- Manage any client related data queries and remediation efforts, including first level escalations on account maintenance activities
- Seek transactional approvals as necessary (ie trade, cash) and release trade offerings on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions.
- Attend EAR (in partnership with the CA)/ASTAR Review meetings as appropriate and articipate in relevant business meetings, forums or committees as required
- Arrange for stock inspections/valuations as required
- Provide support on other projects as assigned ie CIB Client Surveys, other business initiatives
- Ensure adherence to all internal/regulatory policies & regulations eg. Policies and procedures in RiskPod (FATCA, Credit, BCA overdue, etc)
- Identify and escalate any operational risks relating to the client portfolio account management and escalate to the CM Team Lead
- Co-ordinate with Ops/GSSC to rectify any ops related issues which can be resolved locally and issue Standard Instruction Forms (SIFs) wherever required within authority
- Support AML and Credit reviews
- Ensure data quality of all AML and Credit documents/files meets CIB standards to facilitate Banker decisions on risk acceptance
- Escalate any identified Operational Risk issues to the CM Team Lead (or BORM in the absence of the CM Team Lead)
- Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
- Experience in banking or other relevant environment
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy for Client Manager (Banker Led Coverage) role
- Languages: English and/or Arabic
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 27 November, 2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.