Director, FCC, Commercial Banking
- Dubaï, EAU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 19 nov. 17 2017-11-19
Please view Job Description for details.
The Director of Commercial supports the Regional FCC Heads by providing advisory support and oversight of the Commercial client segment, as well as integrating the global FCC framework for the segment in the region.
Strategy (Responsibilities that are related to the development and implementation of a strategy)
- Input to Group/Region/Country/Client Business operating model design of relevant FCC and business processes.
- Ensure that there is adequate support (people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems) in the [Region/Country/Department] for necessary FCC controls.
- Set and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for the [Region/Country/Department], consistent with the vision and strategy for FCC and in support of the Group's strategic direction and growth aspirations.
Business (Responsibilities related to the delivery of business and / or financial objectives)
- Analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory matters on the relevants business area and its operations.
- Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded (in region/country), in coordination with group communications.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
Processes (Processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising)
- Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in [Globa/Region/Country/Business] to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to [AML/Sanctions/ABC].
- Act as (second line) Risk Control Owner under the Group's Risk Management Framework for those aspects of Regulatory Compliance relating to [AML/Sanctions/ABC], and escalate issues as appropriate.
People and Talent (Responsibilities related to people and talent matters)
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Collaborate with training teams to input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps.
- Ensure [Region/Country/Department] is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support sustainable business growth and address financial crime risks.
- Ensure staff in [Region/Country/Department] have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions.
Risk Management (Responsibilities Under Risk Management Framework - both execution and supervisory)
- Maintain oversight of risk mitigating action plans.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management [EDIT IF REQUIRED].
- Provide advice on the application of risk management frameworks (e.g. ORF, GRA).
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of [AML/Sanctions/ABC] risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Provide intelligence (to internal forums) on specific clients, client-types and emerging risk typologies.
- Provide intelligence inputs to support calibration of bank's Risk Methodologies (including aggregate client risk, product risk and country risk assessments).
- Oversee the review and analysis of the client base to identify and manage high risk clients, or specific country reviews.
- Attend relevant leadership meetings.
- Provide [or support] senior oversight of FCC region/country/function.
- Ensure tracking and remediation of surveillance and investigations related regulatory findings.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Prepare and cascade lessons learned from audit findings, FCC assurance activities and specific investigations.
- Track significant issues arising from FCC metrics, FCC Assurance activities, Audit reviews and regulatory inspections, providing validation of issue closure where necessary.
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework.
- Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
- Lead or influence significant programmes of work in support of the financial crime compliance objectives.
- Review new business requirements and provide solutions where required.
Regulatory & Business conduct (The below is mandatory standard wording, do not remove)
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead FCC AME Commercial Banking to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Senior FCC Management in Region
- Senior Compliance Management in Region
- Group FCC Head, Commercial
- Various Business Stakeholders, including Regional AME Commercial Banking Head
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in AME FCC Commercial Banking Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
Compliance Policies and Standards
Compliance Review and FCC Assurance
Surveillance (including Screening and Monitoring)
Compliance Risk Assessment