APAC Managing Counsel - Lending
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 14 nov. 17 2017-11-14
Excellent opportunity to join our Legal team
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
- Leading, developing and inspiring a team of experienced lawyers who partner with the lending businesses in APAC to execute their strategy.
- Keeping other Law Department and line of business colleagues updated and coordinating with them on APAC legal developments and their impact on Wells Fargo's businesses
- Consulting with and advising senior clients and representing the Bank in dealing with others inside and outside the organization, as appropriate.
- Lead and manage teams, projects, and work across multiple geographic locations
- Positively and effectively lead and motivate the team to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work effectively, efficiently, and with intensity in a dynamic and complex environment
- Develop and maintain effective relationships within and across business lines at all levels of the organization
- Exercise good judgment and make critical decisions under pressure
- Adapt to and support change in a dynamic work environment
- Inspire, motivate, and lead by example
- Expert technical knowledge of APAC lending and financing markets and products as well as the relevant laws across the APAC region;
- Proven experience interacting with and presenting to senior executive legal and business management, regulators or other internal or external stakeholders
- Enterprise-level experience supporting corporate regulatory and corporate risk issues, and working with broad and executive-level committees
- Duly qualified lawyer admitted to practice law in England, the United States or other common-law jurisdiction(s)
- Flexible, proactive, creative and entrepreneurial approach
- Knowledge of US securities laws helpful.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Applications received will be kept confidential and used for employment purposes only. Applicants who are not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Bank will retain their applications for a maximum of one year and may refer suitable applicants to other vacancies within the Bank.