Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and foreign exchange. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards Job Objective
Your primary responsibilities will be around building data science solutions to enable transformation of data into insights and actions and to bring analytics result alive for communicating to stakeholders. You will be exposed to full range of Corporate Banking products and have opportunities to design analytics from a holistic customer view. You will be a key part of team in bringing data science projects alive to support business decision-making. Responsibilities
- Understand business drivers and priorities. Identify opportunities where analytics can create significant value.
- Explore data sources and conduct exploratory data analysis. Identify data which is relevant to the problems to solve. Create features to make them valuable for analytics.
- Translate business problems / opportunities into tangible analytics requirements and recommend potential solutions.
- Serve as the bridge between product owners and data scientists to experiment, develop, test and roll out data-driven solutions
- Collaborate with stakeholders to propose and evaluate actions for performance improvements.
- Conduct research, analyze, and articulate meaningful insights using data to accelerate business growth.
- Develop business analytics capability in line with use cases identified
- Build visualization and dashboards to bring analytics result alive for communicating to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with data scientists and data engineers to develop data science solutions, ranging from on-demand queries to machine learning models, for business growth, productivity gain and risk mitigation.
- Manage end-to-end solution delivery and stakeholders
- Degree in Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Related accreditation obtained via MOOC or other education institutions is a plus.
- 6+ years of experience in data analytics, candidate with less expeirence wil be consider as Senior Associate
- Experience in banking data is a plus
- Functional / technical competencies:
- Strong business analysis skills
- Solid experience in understanding and visualizing data in the most effective way possible for a given project
- Well versed with data analytics techniques like predictive, prescriptive and machine learning
- Working knowledge in data wrangling in Python to perform analysis independently
- Working knowledge in building visualization including dashboards. Experience in Qlikview / Qlik Sense is a plus
- Banking domain knowledge is a plus
- Experience in cloud computing (e.g. Cloudera, AWS) and big data computation framework (e.g. Spark) is a plus
- Soft skills:
- Ability to navigate in a complex environment to drive outcome with stakeholders
- Ability to clearly articulating data deliverables in a manner easily understood in oral and written format
- Strong management and communication skills
- Be collaborative to help business with a can-do spirit
- Passionate in new technologies and eager to learn attitude.
- Proficient in English and Chinese