Analyst, Manager Research
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morningstar Asia Limited
- 15 sept. 17
Analyst, Research, Manager Research
The Group: Manager Research. Morningstar is the leading provider of manager research in Asia and offers independent, trusted information on managed fund products across the region. Our objective, fundamentals-based approach is supplemented by our fund management knowledge, global research resources, and extensive investment databases. Institutions, wealth managers, and individual investors can access Morningstar manager research through insightful reports, easy-to-use software, website-building elements, and targeted investment advisory services.
The Role: Morningstar Manager Research has a requirement for an Analyst to play a key role in researching fund managers that oversee managed funds available for sale in cross-border fund markets. The research process involves critically analyzing fund managers, writing research reports, managing relationships with fund managers, and work on various consulting assignments. This role will be based in our Hong Kong office.
- To research and critically assess fund managers and their products that are primarily managed in Asia
- To lead fund manager interviews and write succinct and reader friendly research reports on 35 investment strategies per year
- To play a role in formulating and justifying our opinions on investment strategies
- To manage ad-hoc analytical assignments on investments, managed funds and products
- To write analytical research reports, articles and industry studies such as asset class spotlights and talking points
- To undertake other administrative, research and/or analytical work as required
- A passion for investing and for helping investors make better investment decisions.
- A solid understanding of Asia-based investment managers, and demonstrated expertise in equities, fixed income, multi-asset class would be viewed favouably.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ideally with the ability to think and write creatively
- Strong critical reasoning skills (past-experience in high school or university debating is viewed favourably), and a preparedness to challenge the status quo with well informed opinions
- Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised together with the ability to prioritise effectively to meet deadlines.
- Proactive aptitude to building effective internal and external relationships with key stakeholders and acting as a representative of Morningstar
- Strong attention to detail with proven analytical skills
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a finance or business-related discipline, with an interest in pursuing CFA or other relevant postgraduate studies
- A minimum of three years work experience in an analytical capacity, ideally but not necessarily gained within a financial services environment