Assistant Credit Risk Manager - Broking Services
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 08 nov. 17 2017-11-08
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Within Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Broking Services provides full investment services in stocks, bonds, currencies, precious metals, commodities and derivatives to retail, corporate customers and financial intermediaries. As a leading full service broker dealer in Hong Kong, our investment services include advisory, execution, risk and portfolio management, custodianship, and margin financing.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Assistant Credit Risk Manager.
In this role, you will
- To support the day to day running of the Credit Risk Management Team in Broking Services to ensure all activities are complied with the Bank's credit risk management policies and guidelines and external regulatory requirements
- Proactively monitor daily market movements, identify market and liquidity risk exposures and promptly submit escalation report of any irregularities and limit excesses
- Review, assess, and approve credit facility and trading limits applications
- Monitor the credit risks of margin financing portfolios, and ensure margin control actions and procedures are performed in a timely fashion
- Monitor and report the market risk of the firm
- Manage the margin call enforcement process
- Provide ongoing support in preparing periodic risk management analysis and reports to management
- Keep abreast of latest rules and regulations related to credit risk management; review, update, and revise risk management guidelines, policies, and procedures on a timely basis
- Conduct simulations and stress testing on selected risk factors and investment portfolios on regular and ad hoc basis
- Provide support in review and assess product risk
- Assist in other ad hoc projects as assigned
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- An undergraduate or post graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field
- A few years of working experience in a bank or a financial institution, preferably in a risk management function specialising in retail brokerage business
- Experience in leading a small team in risk management and credit control
- Sound knowledge of different financial products and brokerage services
- Good understanding of legal and regulatory requirements on credit risk management
- Self motivated and pragmatic
- Ability to work well under pressure with high degree of accuracy and tight deadline
- Strong analytical, numerical, report writing and problem solving skills
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Good Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office skills
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A0QC
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited