Assistant Manager, Financial Accounting
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
To prepare & review (act as back up for his manager) financial and regulatory reports.
- Perform daily reconciliation between back office system and accounting database
- Prepare/review daily liquid capital computation for related SFC regulated entity
- Prepare/review month end FRR for related SFC regulated entity
- Prepare/review journals, bank reconciliation, intercompany reconciliation and monthly financial accounts and perform related controls for investment banking group
- Perform monthly and quarterly controls as specified in control plan for investment banking group
- Prepare/review audit account for investment banking group to external auditors and tax representatives
- Participate in project and other ad-hoc assignments
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Accounting Diploma / degree or equivalent
- Some IAS / IFRS knowledge
- Knowledge on SFC regulatory reporting
- Control mind-set
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize work in a deadline intensive environment and work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Knowledge on front to back operation process will be an advantage