Assistant Manager and Actuary, Pricing - HSBC Insurance
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 29 nov. 17 2017-11-29
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business and Hong Kong’s largest administrator of retirement schemes, the business serves this diverse client portfolio from its management offices in Hong Kong and through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Assistant Manager and Actuary, Pricing.
- Explain, discuss and clarify with all stakeholders independently on all aspects of product pricing, profitability and actuarial risk on individual life product development, including feasibility study on product development, modelling and assumption setting with justifications and recommendation, reinsurance negotiation, preparing and reviewing pricing documents with limitation logs and expert judgment logs and approval papers.
- Review provisions, reinsurance treaty, term sheets, marketing materials and sales illustrations with comments on appropriateness or correctness.
- Comply with pricing guideline and Group and Global frameworks and provide comments to improve and enrich the pricing guideline.
- Provide recommendations on pricing assumptions, basic and approach.
- Lead the life support team and escalate an issue and concern whenever necessary.
- Monitor new business profitability and risks as well as recommend any re pricing, enhancement, shelving to the products.
- Conduct Management Information reports and analysis with the ability to explain the results to relevant stakeholders.
- Lead junior staff to provide technical support to business on handling life support and other ad hoc requests.
- University graduate in Actuarial Studies or related disciplines, with solid relevant experience in product pricing
- Preferably be a qualified actuary from a recognized actuarial body such as Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries, and Fellow of Actuarial Association.
- Good amount of years of experience in life insurance industry.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and people skills, as well as proficient analytical skills
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with multiple projects and competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Fluent in English and Cantonese, Mandarin is preferable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and knowledge of Prophet is preferable
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.