- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 31 juil. 17
Assistant Relationships Manager, Corportate Partnership
- Lieu de travail : Hong Kong
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
- To maintain high standard of service to support business acquisition.
- Role model and motivate colleague to ensure a high standard of service is maintained for customers at all the times.
- Achieve / Exceed the business targets against individual Score card.
- Support Relationship Manager to deliver high quality service to our customers and identify sales opportunities to maximize new business acquisition.
- Deliver excellent banking services, integrating our capabilities into customers strategic business need.
- Provide one stop financial solutions to proactively identify products and services that are most suitable to customers.
- Cross-sell and answer customer enquiries on Retail Banking Product for the employee of Corporate Clients include but not limit to MPF, Investment, Payroll, Card...etc
- Work closely with Product Specialists to ensure a consistent approach to client management, marketing, and product positioning in the Corporate Partnerships
- Answer customer enquires on MPF & Investment related matter.
- To ensure the procedures outlined in Departmental Operating Instruction are fully implemented and ensure compliance with Management Manual, Operating Manuals and laid down procedures and minimise the risks arising within the business.
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and in particular, report any suspicious activity to Finanicial Crime Risk
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Enter roles and responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- with front line sales and customer services experience
- HKCEE/ DSE and above academic qualification
- fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/12/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.