Associate Director, Institutional Business - Global Asset Management
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 08 nov. 17 2017-11-08
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Asset Management, the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC’s worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds. Global Asset Management fulfills its purpose of connecting HSBC’s clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Associate Director, Institutional Business.
In this role, you will
- The position holder will be responsible for the sale of both HSBC Global Asset Management's Liquidity product solutions to Global Banking and Markets and Commercial Banking clients across the Treasury Segment. The Hong Kong based position represents the opportunity to build and sustain client relationships within the Global Liquidity vertical of Global Asset Management by
- Executing on sales strategy for Liquidity in the Treasury Segment that leads to profitable Asset Under Management growth by selling HSBC Global Liquidity Funds, Asian currency liquidity funds, US Money Market Funds and Separately Managed Accounts to institutional clients, including multinational corporations, non bank financial institutions, pension funds, public bodies and intermediaries.
- Pro actively identify and solicit new business activity with the focus on maximizing revenue growth via increased Asset Under Management from target clients with primary focus on Asia Pacific key decision makers at Regional level including but not limited to CFOs, Finance Directors and Regional Treasurers.
- Provide advisory service on investment policies and strategies to institutional clients and prospects in this segment
Partner with product management to identify product gaps or enhancement ideas and contribute to development of long term vision or product strategy.
- In partnership with appropriate local heads of client service, develop and aid in the implementation of a client service strategy aimed at client retention and growth
- The role holder must build productive working relationships with senior colleagues who are geographically dispersed and focused on achieving their own goals, by requesting support as needed and returning favours as necessary, recognizing that a team is stronger than an individual when talking to clients who are increasingly sophisticated and growingly complex or layered by way of structure and maintaining professionalism in all dealings with clients and colleagues.
- In a competitive environment and in the leading edge field of institutional sales of Liquidity asset management products, the role holder must bring in significant assets under management and depth of relationships, by leveraging new client relationships using their superior product knowledge to develop advisory based sales relationships and mastering the art of negotiations and closing.
- Individual must be a self starter with the ability to prioritise, is extremely well organized and have experience selling to Corporate, Institutional and or a Commercial client base over the past several years.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Strong academic background. Degree a must. MBA, CFA or relevant professional qualifications a plus
- Proven track record and solid number of years of industry experience, either in Asset Management, Corporate Banking, or Cash Management or Transaction Banking or Treasury Services from a sales management standpoint with a top track record
- Deep understanding of treasury, cash, short term investment management products and investors behaviours
- Extensive experience of working with Corporate and Commercial client base
- Specific knowledge of Investment Management and Corporate Banking an advantage
- In depth knowledge of the Asset Management industry
- Self starter with proven ability to work collaboratively within a team and who can influence and motivate people around them, diligent and pro active approach, taking initiatives
- Ability to take ownership of opportunities, work independently and deliver to deadlines in line with expectations
- Excellent written, organizational, sales, verbal and presentational skills
- Cantonese and Mandarin skills highly desirable
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009ZQC
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited