MioTech uses artificial intelligence to solve the sustainability, climate change, carbon emissions reduction, and social responsibility challenges faced by financial institutions, corporations, and individuals. Its comprehensive coverage of ESG data helps financial institutions make the right decisions in green finance and responsible investments. Its software helps corporations manage ESG reporting, improve energy efficiency, track and reduce carbon emissions. Its app builds green-conscious communities and promotes low-carbon lifestyles among individuals.
MioTech has offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, and Singapore. Its world-renowned investors include ZhenFund, Horizons Ventures, TOM Group, Moody's, HSBC, Guotai Junan International, GIC, J.P. Morgan Asset Management, and HSBC Asset Management’s Financial Technology Venture Capital Fund.
We are looking for an Associate / Manager / Writer to join our Sustainability Research team.
- Produce regular reports highlighting recent events/policies/sustainable finance landscape that generates market interest.
- Be responsible for the specific analysis of individual companies and their ESG/financial performance within the sustainability industry sector, including power, wind, solar and energy companies.
- Working on industry/sector-specific projects, analyzing market share, macro trend, cross company analysis and assessing new/emerging businesses models
- Assisting analysts in writing research on industry/companies under coverage and working closely with Head of Research on writing thematic pieces in sustainability.
- Responding to ad hoc requests to keep track of the financial markets and policies movement.
- Building, maintaining and updating sustainability and company database.
- Provide guidance and coaching to junior team members to build technical and soft skills
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- University degree. Demonstrated track record of academic and professional accomplishments.
- Strong written and verbal communicator.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong work ethics. Ability to work/conduct independently and with limited supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of the global / Chinese sustainability development
- Prefer work / school experience with strong writing background, such as journalism and content writer.
- Able to quickly synthesize events and facts to write in an engaging and informative manner.
- Excellent English writing / Chinese writing skills.
- Business acumen demonstrated in prior study or work experience or interest in following current sustainability investing world.
- Able to and/or interest in understanding company financial and ESG reporting.
- Able to interpret new global policies and regulations in the space.
- Natural curiosity, analytical, critical and logical thinking
- Self-starter attitude with high level of enthusiasm for research
* Work Location: Shanghai or Hong Kong