Business Manager - Global Private Banking
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 23 nov. 17 2017-11-23
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Business Manager.
In this role, you will
- The job holder will need to partner with the business to provide support for the business to achieve growth aspirations whilst retaining the appropriate risk management discipline to achieve strategic goals
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Front Office staff as well as with relevant risk owners, control owners and risk stewards to ensure the business is compliant, successful and profitable.
- Drive a range of ad hoc and ongoing projects by setting out the scope, formulating and implementing feasible execution plan, providing briefing as needed and consolidating input received.
- To proactively engage with relevant Front Office staff and provide them with day to day support.
- Take primary responsibility for non client related areas, with the appropriate authority to take and implement decisions and request involvement from Relationship Managers as needed.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships within the Private Banking Business and also within Private Wealth Solutions to add value to the internal network.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in private banking and or financial services markets.
- Strong risk control and compliance mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and work independently, as well as work collaboratively with other teams
- Self Motivated and dependable.
- Solid written English skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and reporting skills and ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Strong interpersonal skill by demonstrating high level of initiative and ability to quickly acquire knowledge and adapt to ongoing change.
- Good communication, presentation and influencing skills and managing stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
- Able to cope with pressure and tight deadlines.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009S64
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited