Chief Operating Officer, Financial Institutions Group, Asia Pacific
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 14 nov. 17 2017-11-14
This role will serve as a trusted advisor and support the Asia Pacific Financial Institutions Group Head on strategic direction, financial management and leadership for all aspects of the business.
About the Role
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) position is located in Hong Kong and will report directly to the Head of Financial Institutions Group (FIG), Asia Pacific. This role will serve as a trusted advisor and support the Asia Pacific (APAC) FIG Head on strategic direction, financial management and leadership for all aspects of the business. The COO will help define, implement and maintain an infrastructure strategy to support the group and keep pace with business growth. The COO will foster strategic relationships across APAC and other regions in order to share best practices, influence decision-making and ensure efficiencies.
Strategic Planning & Execution
- Responsible to create, maintain and update for FIG’s regional strategy, ensure alignment within FIG and to Wholesale on a common vision and strategy for FIG.
- Create and implement the roadmap for execution of the strategy, and ensure capacity and resource alignment.
- Partner with Wholesale Relationship Strategies & Insights to lead and manage end-to-end FIG execution of overarching, agreed relationship growth strategy and programmatic approach, owning responsibility for delivering results.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the business unit and the various support partners (i.e. Finance, Operations, Technology, Cross-Sell, Risk, Compliance, Legal, Human Resources etc.) driving accountability across all internal functions supporting the businesses.
- Foster relationships with strategic product partners and collaborate on areas for improvement and efficiencies; partner on and shepherd new products through governance process.
- Help define human capital strategy focused on team member recruiting, development and Retention.
- Support senior leaders on day-to-day management activities.
- Manage budgets and cost allocations; identify opportunities to drive expense efficiencies; develop interim and long-term corporate real-estate strategies in partnership with APAC Chief Operating Officer and Corporate Properties Group.
- Responsible for communication plan including team meetings, senior level presentations, and client/team events.
- Ensure Disaster Recovery Needs of the business are met and tested.
- Coordinate the drafting of Business updates in the development of various Committee meetings including Asia Operating Committee, Asia Risk Committee, FIG town hall etc. presentation material.
- Coordinate with Cross Border Governance group in the development of Wholesale initiatives including such items as: Risk Appetite Statements, Annual Strategic Planning, etc.
- Other tasks assigned by Head of FIG, APAC.
Business Information, Reporting & Tools
- Partner with the FIG Business Information, Reporting & Tools team to support overall data, information management, and reporting responsibilities for regional FIG, including strategic collaboration with Wholesale partners to establish target operating models for shared services for analytics-oriented staff support, data repositories, and reporting for business needs.
- 10+ years of financial services industry experience.
- 7+ years of leadership experience.
- 5+ years project management experience and able to execute large complex initiatives in a large corporate environment.
- Understanding of wholesale banking, relationship management, credit risk and capital markets
- Nature of activities requires business managers to have in-depth knowledge of complex technology and operational platforms and processes, as well as an understanding of compliance and regulatory rules.
- Integration and merger experience, with ability to manage many competing projects effectively for on-time delivery.
- Financial accounting and analysis skills, including project budgeting and forecasting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage highly complex projects and processes including projects
- Ability to deliver high quality products and services and exceptional customer service to Wells Fargo wholesale customers.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in driving business results through partnerships with key stakeholders, leveraging collaborate teams and ensuring accountability for goals and objectives.
- MBA, Six Sigma or Project Management Professional experience is an advantage.
- Excellent analytical and data management skills including finance experience.
- Partnership approach to daily responsibilities including the ability to effectively lead projects and initiatives across Lines of Businesses, among senior bankers, junior bankers, administrative staff, peers, and support partners.
- Values collaboration and strong people skills including process and/or management experience
- Ability to think proactively about business and issues.
- Strong track record of delivering results including demonstrated project management and execution as well as sound decision-making approach to complex problems.
- Ability to add structure to complex problems to drive solutions.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.