Credit Analyst (AVP)
- Attractive Bonus + Package
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Robert Walters Hong Kong
- 12 janv. 18 2018-01-12
This is a AVP role in the Credit Risk team who works with the business to independently quantify the appropriate level of risk for the client, for the firm and for our shareholders. We apply appropriate governance and control to ensure the right decisions are made using accurate calculation, assessment and recording of exposure and risk.
- Maintain the integrity of the portfolio through quality analysis of prospective exposure and proactive monitoring.
- Engage in assessing business proposals, conducting due diligence, preparing credit analysis reports, identifying risks, presenting and recommending credit proposals to senior management/sanctioners.
- Evaluate credit risk in transactions by taking a holistic view ensuring coverage of six Principal Risks and any material impact on achievement of Barclays objectives. The credit analysis should include sections such as industry/peer/sensitivity analysis providing detailed information about counterparty's credit quality.
- Take individual ownership of transactions from initiation to credit sanction by interacting with relevant stakeholders and undertake complete diligence using exhaustive approach to assess credit metrics and debt servicing ability by continuously challenging assumptions in the projected business case ensuring judicious deployment of bank's capital.
- Front credit-related discussions, both internally and externally (with customers, rating agencies)
- Where sector difficulties or client specific difficulties are identified, alert senior management and provide recommendation for appropriate action to be taken to mitigate credit risks.
- Provide administrative support to ensure data integrity in terms of credit limits, internal counterparty ratings and other credit parameters.
- Timely and accurate reporting of North Asia Portfolio Risk for senior management purposes.
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline with 3yrs+ experience in credit risk management.
- Fully conversant in English and Chinese (Native Mandarin speaker preferred)
- Basic understanding of investment banking products & respective legal documentation (including loans & derivative products) applicable to China and North Asian Corporates and FIs
- Experience in preparing concise and accurate credit analysis with recommendations and supporting rationale. This includes the ability to interpret company's financial performance by way of cash flow, balance sheet and P&L, coupled with strong financial analysis skills.
- Team player
- Solid commercial awareness and good negotiation skills.
- Able to work under high pressure and handle urgent deals in a timely manner
- Ability and confidence to suggest new ideas, ways to improve efficiency of workload, processes