- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- UBS AG
Are you independent and self-driven? Do you have sharp analytic skills? We're looking for someone like that who can:
– proactively review and, when warranted, approve credit requests while upholding our risk principles and standards
– participate in portfolio reviews to identify risk developments or concentrations
– exercise judgment and escalate decisions of high-risk positions to higher authority levels, as needed
– ensure all regulatory requests, audit items and operational risk issues are dealt with in a disciplined, timely and efficient manner
– support the CCO Hong Kong to identify and control the bank's credit risks, ensure high quality credit risk assessment and continuous monitoring of the portfolio of counterparties/issues and consider reward in risk decisions
– vigorously defend UBS' contractual rights, particularly in restructuring/work-out situations and give guidance to and exercise oversight over the business / risk management to ensure that the firm's policies and procedures are strictly adhered to
– take a broad view of the risks and help ensure that material issues are escalated to the relevant control functions, and reputational concerns are escalated to senior management
– support the expansion of the Wealth Management product shelf through assessment and approval of New Business Initiatives and Complex Transactions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Our Lombard Team is a specialist team of credit officers within Global Risk Control (GRC). The team is responsible for credit limit approval as well as for monitoring of the credit risk of UBS Wealth Management (WM) clients with accounts booked in APAC. Product focus includes Lombard Loans, Wealth Management Investment Products, Structured/Tailored Lending, Lending against Illiquid Assets, Prime Brokerage, OTC Derivatives, Repos, Exchange and Traded Derivatives.
Your experience and skills
– A university degree in finance or economics, engineering or mathematics
– Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills with at least 5 years' experience in Private Banking(Lombard), institutional credit (hedge fund, corporate, leverage finance), or Corporate lending, with deep technical know-how on transaction decision exercising credit authority, policy building or influencing, as well as flow processes with a successful and proven track record.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency toward clients, your team, peers and senior management; excellent command of English; Mandarin and/or other languages are an advantage
– Solid understanding of financial markets and a passion to provide best-in-class client experience (you're in this, ultimately, for them)
– IT-specific knowledge, in particular Excel and handling/manipulating large data sets. Any programming skill such as VBA will be advantageous
– Able to work in a fast paced team environment; can deliver under considerable time pressure (with attention to detail and accuracy)
– Able to embrace constructive challenge; pro-actively identify issues and find solutions in a complex environment
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.