Credit Risk Analyst (6 months contract)
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Allegis Global Solutions.
- 12 juin 18 2018-06-12
Allegis Global Solutions is the exclusive Contingent HR services provider for one of the world’s leading banks.
At Allegis Global Solutions we’re proud to be the leader in global talent solutions. We draw upon decades of industry expertise to develop innovative tools, products, processes and strategies focused on outcome. Moreover, we’re incredibly proud to have built a culture that empowers our people to make their mark while making deep connections that will last a lifetime. With our passion and culture for talent, we are truly transforming the way the World acquires talent.
Our Client, office located in Kowloon, is one of the leading global wealth managers with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in Europe in 1856, they have expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, they are set for growth.
The role we are hiring for is with Chief Risk Officer (CRO) team in Hong Kong. They are seeking to recruit a Credit Specialist on the private banking side covering one of the markets in Hong Kong, Taiwan or China for a period of 6 months, with a primary focus on reducing the size of the backlog of Credit Approvals for HK originated Private Bank business. During this time the person would cover all tasks from the respective credit specialist including credit analysis, approval, reporting, discussion with Front Organization or other relevant internal stakeholders. As well as any other task in relation to the job as a credit specialist
- Manage a distinct credit portfolio on a day-to-day basis
- Conduct in-depth risk analyze of client, transaction structure and collateral for the purpose of identifying their suitability for leverage and to pro-actively help to mitigate the risks of a transaction, referencing to relevant Global & Regional Credit Policies, Guidelines and Credit Manuals.
- Prepare the write ups for credit decisions in the specified format; engage and discuss the credit issues with Credit Management as required
- Exercise credit judgment and submit credit approvals of credit structures in compliance with existing risk appetite, assigned credit authority and applicable Global & Regional Credit Policies and Credit Manuals.
- Co-ordinate with Loan Operations, Credit Control and Credit Valuation Monitoring teams to ensure that the exposures and position of approved credit transactions are adequately reflected, authorized and monitored in the risk systems.
- Actively involved in monthly reporting and review of expiring credit facilities.
To be considered for this role, you must able to offer
- Minimum 5 years of prior work experience in financial services, with focus on Private Banking, Corporate Banking, Research or Credit Analytics preferred. Candidates from accountant firms focusing FS are also welcomed.
- Knowledge of capital markets and credit products offered by private banks desirable
- Personal characteristics: proficient analytical, communication and writing skills, good negotiation skills, conceptual thinking, outgoing team player
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferably in finance, banking or similar; relevant professional accreditation desirable