Data Engineer Director
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Terminal 1
- 21 juin 18 2018-06-21
Our client within the financial services industry is seeking for a director-level Data Engineer to build a scalable data platform and a world class analytics team from scratch. The ideal leader would possess a blend of tech & architectural expertise while being business savvy.
- Design and deliver a scalable data platform and services that meet quality, reliability and security; own components for collecting, processing, storing and analyzing structured and unstructured data from purchased or public domains (web scraping)
- Ensure stable data acquisition (scraping, vendor data injection) and system scaling
- Evangelize big data for the firm
- Build a team of engineers & data scientists throughout the year to leverage leadership skills while continuing to be hands-on for the design and implementation of the data platform
- Enable the team to operationalize, automate and scale large data pipelines
- Minimum 10 years of overall work experience in data warehousing / data lake and ETL architectures with minimum 5 years of experience in a managerial position
- Hands-on experience with any distributed systems, data stores, data pipelines and cloud technologies such as Spark, HDFS, Hadoop, AWS, Google Cloud, etc
- Expert Python coder
- Effective communication skills in English and Chinese (strongly preferred)
Christine is a big data specialist recruiter in Hong Kong. Please apply directly through this job ad if you're interested in this job or other potential big data opportunities as our jobs are often not advertised.