Delta1 Structuring Developer - Equity Derivatives - Analyst/Associate
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- J.P. Morgan
- 20 mai 18 2018-05-20
Delta1 Structuring Developer - Equity Derivatives - Analyst/Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
Developer within the Global Equity Derivatives Tradeable Indices Technology team.
The successful candidate will drive the analysis, design and implementation of a strategic new platform to enable the construction, calculation, execution and risk management of complex low frequency trading strategies. Role will involve partnering closely with the business to develop innovative technical solutions for this high profile revenue growth initiative, with the aim to industrialize the business process.
The Equity Derivatives Risk and Structuring Technology team is responsible for delivering the full technical infrastructure used to provide real time position, risk & pnl and trade lifecycle management for the Equity Derivatives business.
Global Tradeable Indices Technology (part of the wider Structuring technology) is focused on extending our franchise as a leader in Index research. J.P. Morgan has developed proprietary Tradeable Index Strategies to allow investors to gain exposure to key asset classes, benchmarks, and dynamic trading strategies. Our Tradeable Index Strategies platform offer clients the opportunity to maximize portfolio returns and quickly exploit market activities across bull and bear scenarios within the Credit, Commodity, FX, Fixed Income, Emerging Market and Equity asset classes.
The team leverages a number of exciting technologies including an ecosystem of Big Data storage using Cassandra, Compute backbone of high-performance grid computing and hosting, quantitative algorithms built to analyze risk and improve hedging strategies, core engines modelled in Athena (a globally replicated object-oriented database, with a powerful dependency graph, and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools).
The key responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Partner with the business to analyse and define requirements for the rapidly evolving products and client requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the trading desk, structurers, quantitative research and other technology teams to formulate innovative technical solutions to industrialise the growing business.
- Develop enhancements and/or build new solutions for booking and risk managing new Index/Basket/ETF products and deals executed by the business.
- Work closely with/Influence other technology teams to ensure that required changes are made in other dependent or core systems.
- Define development/project plans with key milestones in line with strategy and own the full delivery.
The successful candidate will form part of a new team focused on providing technology support locally to the rapidly expanding business in the Asia Pacific region.
The candidate will be responsible for developing the core engine in Athena (which underpins the data model behind the product) as well as the trade booking and life cycle management of the various tradeable index strategy types. The data model also serves as the underlying source to the JPMorgan Markets Web portal which is an integral part of our client offering.
Some of the key initiatives the role will involve include: working with the global team in developing the strategic core infrastructure used to model the index strategies (whether algorithmic or client driven), sourcing underlying reference and fundamentals data used to model the signals and back test strategies, build and deliver reporting content (e.g. performance/back test results) and client driven functionality (e.g. user initiated index rebalance) on our external facing web portal. Technologies utilized by the team include Python, Java, HTML5 etc.
This exciting FO facing role involves working closely with our highly enthusiastic business partners to ensure development efforts are focused in the right way at the right time and that they satisfy business needs for the long term.
Candidate will be involved with the full delivery lifecycle, from strategy through to design, development, testing, deployment and support.
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly pick up new ideas, concepts and technologies.
- Experience with development, deployment and maintenance of commercial service oriented application(s).
- Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices and high quality delivery.
- Experience of full project lifecycle, breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and effort estimation.
- Ability to work effectively within a global team (spread across NA, EMEA, APAC etc.) whilst influencing and contributing towards the development of the global platform.
- Experience of stakeholder management with the ability to challenge the status quo and propose alternatives.
- Experience working to tight time frames without sacrificing quality.
- Experience with Python preferable
- Experience of working in a front office environment within financial services
- Understanding of equity derivative products
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to take your career to the next level? Apply today