DevOps Low Latency System Engineer
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Societe Generale
- 21 juin 18 2018-06-21
DevOps Low Latency System Engineer
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programs to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development program, a Junior program for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Société Générale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery).
As a GTS member, you will be detached to the "Quantitative Market Making" team who aims at designing, implementing and maintaining market connectivity systems (Order Management Systems & Market Data handlers) for internal users with low latency interests.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps system engineer with experience in site reliability as well as system and hardware performance management, preferably on Linux based system.
As a team member within an Agile framework, the candidate must demonstrate to have a strong willingness to learn about new technologies, new way of working and share his own experience / knowledge as required by the team to deliver the product. In a self-managed environment, high degree of autonomy, responsibility and collaboration are also required.
- Gather requirements, identify problems, propose and implement low latency solutions for systems facing major financial exchanges in Asia (cash and derivatives)
- Deliver continuous improvement (reliability, new features, self-service) to reduce manual work and product complexity
- Ensure a smooth transition between projects and solutions defined in QMM team and mainstream GTS support teams in charge of Follow the Sun
- Engage Front Office users and ensure agreement on expected delivery
Academic Background and Certifications, Experience
- College degree such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a System Administrator
- Passionate about learning new things, share knowledge, and solving complex challenges
- Automation mindset with little tolerance for repetitive work
- Experience in administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL6 and above) or comparable Linux distributions
- Experience with Intel based server's hardware configuration
- Experience with DevOps configuration tools such as Puppet, Ansible
- Good knowledge of network protocols and configuration on Linux based system
- Solid experience in Linux Kernel performance tuning
- Knowledge in Windows Server administration concepts (2012 and above)
- Coding or scripting experience with Python
- Experience with Ultra Low Latency technics (Overclocking, Core assignment, Kernel bypass)
- Knowledge of network adapters and CPU architectures
- Previous experience in market connectivity