Your Team responsibilities
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. This is an excellent opportunity to join MSCI and be part of the action in the fast-growing region of Asia Pacific.
Events are a key platform to showcase our thought leadership and to build MSCI brand equity. This role will support the business in deepening client engagement and generate leads to increase the adoption of MSCI solutions and services.
Reporting to the Global Head of Sales Impact supporting the regional APAC Head of Marketing, this role based in Hong Kong / will focus on the strategic direction and content delivery of client events in physical, virtual and hybrid formats. The Senior Associate will have end-to-end responsibility over events in ,APAC, from concertation to execution, across all product lines working closely with APAC marketing team and regional business stakeholders. Working with the global events the team, the Senior Associate, will manage or support global events where necessary. S/he will also manage third-party events, such as sponsorships and collaborations with external organizations. What we will offer you:
- At MSCI, we provide competitive benefits programs in every region in which we do business. While our benefits plans vary in availability in our different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as a MSCI employee. Wherever you are with us, you will find benefits that can help ensure your health and well-being and contribute to your financial security.
Your key responsibilities -
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization's leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work.
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel -
- Develop and deliver event plans and activities that align with the business strategy, with appropriate content and target audiences that support business goals
- Manage event marketing to deliver success for proprietary and non-proprietary events
- Plan and execute marketing events, including physical, virtual, and hybrid events. End-to-end responsibility, including planning, content development, speaker management, time management, resourcing, budgeting, translation, onsite support, event measurement, and reporting
- Manage MSCI sponsorships, participation in industry conferences and events, ensuring fulfillment of benefit entitlements
- Liaise and negotiate with event organizers and vendors to ensure cost-benefit optimization
- Develop strategic agenda and content for events. Oversee the development of event agendas with marketing and business, including liaison with internal and external speakers and panelists, venue research, arranging speaker prep calls, audio visual requirements, briefing documents, managing online event platform, etc. Work with the design team to develop client communication materials, including invitations, event webpages, banners, nametags, place cards, seating, speaker introductions, etc.
- Organize, set up, and provide onsite support to events and conferences; supervise vendors
- Facilitate effective internal and external production resources to meet event requirements
- Conduct post-event analysis, identify and report on event success metrics
- Manage and monitor the budget, ensure timely invoicing and payment
How we'll support you
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in marketing or event planning, including substantial exposure in the financial industry either in-house or with event agency
- Demonstrable understanding of diverse business landscapes in APAC from working with multinational matrix organizations
- Strong project management skills and ability to independently lead and manage events on an end-to-end basis
- Hands-on self-starter who demonstrates initiative and would proactively contribute ideas and solutions, and with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Outstanding interpersonal and collaborative skills, demonstrating flexibility in approach and assertiveness with boundaries. Able to influence and communicate effectively at all levels to achieve common objectives
- Strong team player with a positive attitude who can perform in a fast-paced dynamic team environment
- Capability in video production and social media is an asset
About MSCI and our teams
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups: MSCI Pride & Allies, MSCI Black Leadership Network, MSCI Women's Leadership Forum, MSCI Women in Tech, MSCI Asian Support Network, MSCI All Abilities, Hola! MSCI and MSCI Climate Action Network.
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor. To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.