Financial Reporting Manager - Global Finance
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 23 nov. 17 2017-11-23
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Financial Reporting Manager.
In this role, you will
- Responsible for managing the regulatory and statutory reporting of HSBC Insurance in Hong Kong to ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
- Responsible for managing all relevant tax calculations and for liaising with the HSBC Tax team accordingly.
- There are many regulators to which the Insurance business in Hong Kong and the relevant legal entities in Hong Kong are exposed to, such as Hong Kong, Bermuda, Macau and China. It is critical that all regulatory requirements are met and the role holder needs to be on top of what is on the regulatory agenda to proactively address requirements and make necessary process changes sufficiently in advance of these changes becoming effective.
- The insurance business in Hong Kong is undergoing significant change and there is more to come over the next 2 to 4 years. These changes are associated with the MPF business and the Life business, regulation, new accounting standards, product development and others, which will have an impact on reporting requirements and processes. The role holder needs to ensure the necessary changes are made in the respective processes and controls, to continue to meet all necessary regulatory reporting requirements.
- Management of Insurance Hong Kong, which is incorporated in Bermuda, has committed to the Bermuda regulator to achieve full compliance on Bermuda insurance rules for financial year 2018, whereas currently most of the Bermuda regulatory requirements are exempted. A new capital and solvency framework will be implemented in Bermuda in the next 1 to 2 years. The role holder is expected to possess sufficient knowledge to support his direct line managers to understand the requirements and set up new processes and controls as required in the context of preparing this new set of regulatory reporting.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University graduate in business or finance.
- Professional accounting qualification.
- Proven record in managing in an international environment.
- Knowledge of Life Insurance accounting and reporting with proven track record in Insurance Finance.
- Knowledge and understanding of major technical components of the insurance balance sheet and their dynamics.
- Proven leadership ability and team working skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, and conflicting priorities.
- Strong sense of risk management and controls.
- A mind set of continuous improvement and aiming for excellence.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009ZJ7
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited