Financial Security & KYC Compliance Officer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
• Provide Financial Security advisory support to the business lines and functions in accordance with prevailing laws and regulations as well as group policies and guidelines.
• Ensure timely and consistent review, implementation and application of KYC/AML/CFT/Sanctions laws, regulations and group policies and guidelines.
• Perform 2nd level controls of compliance generic control plans in accordance with group policies and guidelines.
• Identify, investigate and report suspicious activity and transaction, and escalate any material risk with relevant information to the Head of Financial Security and KYC Compliance of Hong Kong.
• Familiar with and keep abreast of changes in local regulatory requirements and Group AML policy, and disseminate any changes to affected businesses.
• Participate in Financial Security processes requiring Compliance involvement in accordance with laws/regulations and group policies/procedures.
• Supporting the métiers on assessing and advising on KYC analysis for sensitive clients (e.g. oil and gas, PEP accounts, gaming and casino establishments, charities and non-profitable organisations, embassies, money services businesses etc) as well as clients in sensitive industries (e.g. oil & gas, nuclear, mining, etc.) and where time allows other business.
• Prepare, provide support and coordinate all required reports, updates and dashboard.
• Acting as Level 3 SHINE control in respect of sanctions violation alert management.
• Coordinating, implementing and enhancing AML/CTF and Sanctions monitoring tools (e.g. ATOM, REGLISS, SHINE, etc.), controls/objectives as well as, risk assessments in various current reporting processes, and enhancements to current reporting mechanisms.
• Coordinate and participate in ad hoc projects, review/investigations, risk assessments, and audit/regulatory inspections.
• Supporting the AML and Sanctions training efforts in Hong Kong, as well as initiatives to enhance risk awareness in Financial Security related issues.
• Generally provide support to and perform tasks assigned by the Head of Financial Security
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
Preferably some legal or regulatory experience.
Excellent writing skills (English) and analytical skills.
Excellent communication skills and preferably with some experience of dealing in multiple countries in Asia Pacific.
Good general knowledge of the International Sanctions regimes in place and some experience in dealing with sanctions issues as they affect financial institutions. Experience in a sanctions role in a financial institution in Asia Pacific is preferred.
Good general knowledge and interest in international political affairs particularly the evolving sanctions landscape.
Knowledge of debt capital markets, corporate finance and structured finance transactions preferred.
A working knowledge of how AML/CFT & Sanctions risks are managed, and clients and products are risk scored and monitored is essential.
Experience in advising numerous staff across Compliance, front line and Operations.
An understanding of the fundamental AML/CFT & Sanctions laws, regulations and suspicious reporting standards in Hong Kong.
Preferred applicant must have at least 6-8 years' experience in AML/CFT and Sanctions exposure with a primary focus on corporate and investment banking Compliance work.
Must evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature.
Evidence strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and consult at all levels.
Ability to work independently to carry out projects.
Ideally be familiar with navigating the operational tools which support AML/CFT & Sanctions Compliance controls.
Specific Qualifications Required
University graduate with relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ICA Diploma of Compliance or Anti Money Laundering, and/or other industry AML memberships/certifications, e.g. ACAMS). Preferably a Legal Degree and/or Degree in AML.