- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 20 janv. 18
Head of Operational Risk & Assurance
Head of Operational Risk & AssuranceJob no: 996806
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Hong Kong
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
CBA - International Financial Services (IFS) is the business unit responsible for driving the Group's emerging markets growth strategy, across Asia and Africa. This will be achieved through a ground breaking digital strategy for retail and SME customers, focused on financial inclusion.
The primary purpose of this role:
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer - IFS, this role supports the IFS strategy by assisting the businesses in the IFS portfolio in the development and implementation of best practice operational risk management frameworks.
Working for IFS offers you the opportunity to work in a fast paced, agile environment where decision are made and acted on quickly. We offer you the opportunity to be part of a start-up environment - we are building a digital bank backed by the strength and security of the CBA Group.
More specifically your main duties will include:
- Lead the IFS Operational Risk function, including the implementation of a risk strategy aligned to the business agreed risk appetite.
- Continuing to strengthen the control and assurance framework by:
- embedding the group's Operational Risk Management Framework within IFS
- improving both the effectiveness of our Operational Risk controls and the quality of control testing,
- supporting the identification and remediation of issues and incidents and
- ensuring effective governance structures and processes.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to educate, coach, support and promote a wider understanding of risk management policy and processes.
- Liaison with external stakeholders, developing and maintaining strong relationships with those such as regulatory authorities, law enforcement agencies, etc.
- Actively contribute to the IFS Risk leadership team in the development and implementation of strategies to achieve goals.
- Identify and develop best practice policies, systems and processes to manage and minimise Operational Risk.
- Liaise with the CRO to ensure there is effective oversight of the risk monitoring and mitigation processes across IFS.
Who are you?
- You will be experienced in leading a function which drives and develops operational risk practices through a world class operational risk framework
- Your excellent communication skills will enable you to provide advice and influence business owners.
- You will work with a broad range of stakeholders coaching them to identify risks and understand controls
At IFS opportunities are there for the taking. If want to be part of our purpose and live and lead through our values, we can offer exciting development opportunities through expanded lateral roles, stretch assignments or people leadership. We are committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role, supporting diversity. All information will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Advertised: 12 Dec 2017 China Standard Time
Applications close: 31 Jan 2018 China Standard Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.