IT Software Engineer - Equity Derivatives Developer - java
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- UBS AG
- 18 oct. 17
We're looking for a developer who can:
- Design and evolve systems safely guided by automated tests.
- Work closely with the business to understand how they work, what they need and propose solutions to support them.
- Take the lead on projects, advising on technical decisions.
- Presenting technical proposals to other leads in the app team.
- Coaching junior members and providing guidance on good programming principals and code quality.
- Meet the high expectations of clients through frequent release cycles of quality software.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
- You'll be working as part of the Lifecycle team, based in Hong Kong. We are responsible for systems that manage the post trade lifecycle of Equity Derivatives products.
- We work closely with global business and IT partners on business change and regulatory projects.
Your experience and skills
- Java (Core and Web) programing, automated testing, databases and Linux.
- Clojure / Functional programming desired but not mandatory.
- A Pragmatic approach to Agile and interested in improving the process.
- A passion for learning and leveraging new tech when appropriate to the problem space.
- Experience or qualifications in Investment Banking desired but not mandatory: Smart developers with strong communication and tech skills preferred.
- Pro-active; considerate to others point of view; able to provide constructive criticism.
- Able to improve older code bases, appreciating the importance of consistency.
- Experienced in system design; understand how to build larger systems by integrating components.
- Effective within the complexity, constraints, and boundaries of a leading global organisation, operating in a highly regulated industry, running on bespoke software.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.