Investment Management Private Side Lawyer, Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 nov. 17 2017-11-24
See job description for details
BACKGROUND ON THE TEAM
The Investment Management Private Investing Legal Group (“Private Investing Legal”) covers Morgan Stanley’s direct private investing businesses, which leverage the Firm’s name and global network of relationships to create investment opportunities for institutional investors. These businesses include private equity, infrastructure, fund of funds and real estate.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, the Asia Pacific Private Investing Legal Group is currently seeking a seasoned legal professional to provide legal, regulatory, reputational and transactional advice to our businesses.
With a direct reporting line to the Asia Pacific Head of Private Investing Legal, this will be a role with diverse responsibilities, including:
- Supporting Morgan Stanley’s private investing activities in all Asia Pacific jurisdictions; in particular Hong Kong, Korea, China, Singapore, Australia and India.
- Advising the private investment product distribution teams, including with respect to conduct of sales and marketing practices.
- Drafting and negotiating documentation in respect of transactions (fund raising, acquisitions, divestments, outsourcing) relating to private investing activities in the Asia Pacific region.
- Providing strategic direction to compliance on matters relating to internal policy development, investment guidelines compliance, selling practices, licensing matters, conflict management, regulatory inspections and investigations, reviewing compliance implementation plans and monitoring systems, FCPA and matters requiring franchise committee consideration, etc.
- Interacting with internal stakeholders in the businesses, such as Tax, Compliance, Finance and Firm Management across Asia Pacific.
- Advising the global Private Investing Legal Group with respect to regulatory developments across Asia Pacific.
- Instructing external counsels across Asia. *LI-SC1
- Lawyer with between 4-7 years post-qualification experience in a common law jurisdiction with private equity or general acquisition experience from either a well-regarded private practice or a leading financial institution.
- Solid drafting and negotiation skills.
- A personable and confident disposition, with the ability to identify and resolve disputes in a fast-paced corporate environment while adhering to Firm policies and practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English essential, fluency in Chinese advantageous.
- Team player with solid analytical and presentation skills.
- Title and remuneration will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.