- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 31 oct. 17
Manager, Credit and Marketing, Commercial Banking
- Lieu de travail : Hong Kong
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
-Assist Relationship Managers to achieve budgeted revenue and other campaign targets
- Help drive sales process / enhance utilization by proactively identifying business opportunities and pursuing deals
-Handle customers' inquiries and daily referral
-Coordiante with internal and external stakeholders for document execution and limit activation
-Prepare where appropriate, comprehensive, clearly written BCA on a timely basis
-Promptly attend to excesses / bills referrals in accordance with the Bank's policy
-Proactively monitor excesses and communicate with customers in line with account strategy. -Seek proper approval for excesses. Monitor periodic repayments
- Identify risks through day-to-day transactions behaviour
-Follow up closely with customers on submission of financials and with timely preparation of analysis
-Effective limits maintenance to avoid excesses due to system constraints
-Ensure facility drawdown after approval in a timely manner
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Assist Relationship Manager(s) to achieve budgeted revenue and other campaign targets
* Provide high quality customer service on enquiry, transactions handling and offer operational solutions to enhance customer satisfaction
* Prepare comprehensive and clearly written business credit applications for credit approval in a timely fashion
* Monitor risk on a daily basis; ensure credit, reputation and compliance risks are held to the highest standards of risk management
Qualifications and Skills
University graduate with solid working experience in banks
- Strong analytical, verbal reasoning and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and analyze financial statements
- Adequate commercial marketing acumen e.g. demonstration of capability in identifying cross selling opportunities
- Excellent customer service orientation
- High responsiveness
- Aspiration in following the career path of Relationship Manager
- Proficiency in Chinese and English including Putonghua
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.