Project Manager Regulatory
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Societe Generale
- 22 oct. 17 2017-10-22
Project Manager Regulatory
GBIS is the Global Banking and Investor Solution arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, SG GBIS provides corporates, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The Information Technology Department (ITEC) provides and maintains IT solutions to support the business's growth. With tighter regulations and strong client focus, ITEC wants to strengthen its knowledge and know how to help face this new challenge, especially in Asia.
With 14 entities in Asia spread in 8 countries and more and more stringent regulations, regulatory projects are critical. Meet the strong deadlines and continuous improvements are the key challenges for IT and Operation in Asia.
ITEC / DCC / REG is responsible for projects, enhancement and 3 rd level support related to the regulation in Asia. Collocated with Operation project team, the DCC / REG team consists of PMs and BAs who co-ordinate end to end deliveries to Asian operation end users.
In this context, ITEC / DCC / REG looks for a project manager on regulatory reporting topics for SGCIB. The position is part of the Hong Kong DCC team.
- Be responsible for the ITEC / DCC / REG regulatory program sponsored by OPER / REG (Operation department dedicated to regulatory topics)
- Be responsible for projects assigned to him / her, on enhancements and new business projects
- Implement the transformation related to regulation in China
- Represent ITEC / DCC / REG in the discussion with OPER / REG management
- Engage and follow up with IT teams in Paris and Bangalore
- Identify and implement initiatives bringing value and efficiency to the end users
- Working with vendor teams is needed
- Promote and ensure the use of standard architecture and tools
- Promote and ensure the use of standard project follow-up tools (Pyramid, Prime)
Project Management Skills:
- Proven capability of following up a project's planning and budget. (PMI-PMP certified)
- Experience in Agile project management (PMI-ACP certified)
Functional Knowledge around:
- Knowledge in Banking and deals processing area.
- Regulatory topics like HKMA reporting, MAS reporting, China regulatory reporting, OTC clearing, CRS, EMIR, DFA, FATCA, MIFID 2
Good communication skills in international, multi-team and multi-cultural environment:
- Ability to steer distant development teams
- Ability to work with remote users / teams and vendors
- Excellent English communication skills
- Excellent Chinese Mandarin communication skills
Involvement in a wide scope of subjects and environments:
- Sense of priority
- Strong analytical and synthetic skills
- Rigors, result-oriented and client-oriented
- Ability to give autonomy to his team
- Ability to motivate & drive project team
- Creativity and pro-activity mind-set
- Willingness to learn and an appreciation for functional aspects of the job
- Capability to mentor remote teams
- 7 years of relevant experience, including 5 as business analyst and project manager