Regional PEX Leader Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- UBS AG
- 19 oct. 17
Are you a hands on person with an entrepreneurial spirit ? Are you good at managing stakeholders and already have experience in leading a team? We are looking for a motivated and passionate team lead, who can connect the dots easily and manoeuvre safely in a complex environment:
The Regional PEX Leader HK is a member of the APAC PEX leadership Team. He/she is the location PEX representative and ensures that the PEX Center of Expertise (PEX CoE) delivers quantifiable effectiveness and efficiency benefits on all front-to-back and lean transformations supported by the PEX CoE. He/she works closely with the Global Functional PEX Leaders to shape, structure and deliver large, complex transformation programs. The HK PEX Leader reports directly to the APAC Regional PEX leader and is the local line manager for all HK based PEX CoE colleagues.
The main activities and responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Build sustainable and strong links to local key stakeholders and other senior business leaders from GCOO functions and business divisions - typically COOs and business division heads - to become our internal clients' trusted business advisor
- Identify and recruit local PEX talents and professionals in order to support all ongoing and planned lean transformations in the region and make sure that local recruitment is aligned with the demand managed by the Global Functional PEX Leaders
- Manage, develop and retain the local PEX team and perform half-year and full-year performance reviews (acting as “evaluation manager”)
- Lead communications, knowledge transfer and learning events across the location to ensure sharing and roll-out of best practices
- Act as a role model and coach senior business leaders on establishing continuous improvement based on the UBS PEX Way
- Support identification and formulation of HK and APAC improvement initiatives based on the UBS PEX structured offerings with full commitment of the relevant stakeholders
- Effectively implement and utilize the UBS PEX Way to guide HK and APAC teams through tasks and activities to achieve highly productive, reliable, cost-effective and customer centric solutions
- Represent the PEX CoE in relevant local or regional governance bodies
Specific responsibilities for the HK location:
- Collaborate actively with internal functions to secure a formal mandate with clearly defined responsibilities and accountability to support the execution of the HK Transformation roadmap aligned with the firm's strategy. Furthermore, define the scope, roadmap and detailed delivery plan to support the execution phase of the HK Transformation roadmap by leveraging the HK PEX team and the broader APAC PEX organization to help shape this transformation.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Sitting within GCOO COO, you'll be working as part of the Process Excellence team (PEX team), which acts as a center of competence for process (re-)design and optimization work across UBS, with tools to deliver continuous front-to-back efficiency and to lead lean transformations. The team consists of experienced change professionals operating globally from multiple UBS locations.
Your experience and skills
- A proven professional track record in HK with relevant overseas experience
- 10-15 years of work experience working as a project manager or consultant in the financial industry, with previous experience in leading change teams
- Have demonstrated a solid track record in large optinization transformations and change programs
- Business development skills as well as quantitative an analytical skills
- Very strong on an interpersonal level and are known to lead by example
- Hands-on and detailed focussed
- A strong written and verbal communicator with strong presentation, networking and influencing skills
- Fluent in English and the local language both oral and written
- Able to travel at least 25%
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.