Senior Administrative Assistant - HK
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Matthews Asia
- 19 janv. 18 2018-01-19
The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional who has strong experience supporting executives with global responsibilities in a fast-paced firm. The candidate should be a team player, extremely motivated, resourceful, organized, communicative, and able to complete tasks independently.
TITLE: Senior Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Admiralty, Hong Kong
Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews International Capital Management, the advisor to Matthews Asia Funds, believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our efforts and expertise exclusively within the region. As an independent, privately owned firm, Matthews is the largest dedicated Asia-only investment specialist in the United States. Our investment offerings provide a broad range of strategies for building a global portfolio that includes exposure to Asia.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC and Matthews Asia Funds can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
This position will report to the Head of Global Human Resources and Office Administration in the US.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are currently looking for a talented Senior Administrative Assistant to support our Hong Kong office and provide administrative support to the team in an efficient, detail-oriented, and proactive manner. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional who has strong experience supporting executives with global responsibilities in a fast-paced firm. The candidate should be a team player, extremely motivated, resourceful, organized, communicative, and able to complete tasks independently.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide professional, administrative support on all levels to the team
- Proactively manage calendar with minimal direction
- Organize complex domestic/international travel, as well as expense management and processing
- Manage incoming correspondence and prioritize competing requests
- Working with the Finance Department in the US to ensure invoices and process and paid in a timely manner
- Draft and coordinate meeting agendas and materials
- Liaise with other departments in the US on the execution of strategic projects
- Maintain efficient filing and organization of correspondence, reports, research data and meeting materials
- Work with the Marketing Depts. in the US on PowerPoint presentations, preparation of presentation materials including printing, coping, and binding.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of conferences and events attended and sponsored by Matthews with our Business Development and Client Services team
- Welcome and greet visiting clients/guests to the our office
- Back up to the office manager
Qualifications required for this position are as follows:
- Minimum 8+ years of administrative experience supporting professionals in a team environment
- Must have experience working in the financial services/asset management industry
- BA/BS degree, preferred
- Must be a self-starter
- Advanced MS Outlook and strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Strong aptitude and interest in learning
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and follow-up skills
- Able to anticipate needs and act upon requests independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and solid interpersonal skills required
- Professional phone manner
- Ability to multi-task, must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to consistently follow through and take ownership of responsibilities
- Proactive in asking questions when needed and resourceful in solving problems
- Must speak and write English fluently