Senior Consultant, International Strategic Initiatives
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 21 nov. 17 2017-11-21
The mandate of the International Strategic Initiatives team is to lead and support various strategic initiatives and facilitate the strategic planning process for Wells Fargo’s international business. The group directly supports senior leaders of the company on a range of strategic matters, works closely with a number of lines of business and support groups and is expected to be the thought leader with regards to Wells Fargo’s international strategy. Examples of strategic matters include the development / update of enterprise or business unit strategies, the establishment of new legal entities, and the assessment of market entry or optimization approach.
- Support leaders of International Strategic Initiatives in leading large scale international initiatives, working with representatives from various organizations
- Conduct various analyses by structuring the work and gathering necessary information which sometimes requires creative approach
- Assist in annual strategic planning efforts
- Help develop project plans, frame and conduct insightful analyses, identify solutions, and develop a business case and an implementation plan
- Help facilitate decision-making and issue resolution as required
- Provide support in implementation of developed solutions / plans, as necessary
- Assist with preparing discussion documents or dashboard for various senior leaders meetings
- Monitor industry and global trends to assess possible implications and impact
- Conduct research and support competitive intelligence activities for international businesses in APAC Help facilitate a consistent and coordinated communications plan and messaging across business units and support groups with international activities
- Build strong partnership with key members from business units and support groups
- Act as an advisor to business heads by displaying high integrity, earning trust and recommending holistic solutions
- 3+ years’ experience in financial services (in strategy or strategic planning related roles) and/or management consulting
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and exceptional analytical skills, including modelling and research skills
- Solid project management experience and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with appropriate prioritization
- Experience in developing business strategy and identifying / solving risk management, operational, technology and support/infrastructure issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to present complex ideas in simple ways
- Ability to operate comfortably with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite required (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Experience in and/or exposure to international business, operational and regulatory/ licensing environment
- MBA holder is desirable
- Proficiency in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) in addition to English an advantage
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Please submit your application online via our website at https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/international/ by entering the Requisition ID 16622BR for job search.
Search International Jobs > Continue > Search Openings (Type the Requisition ID 16622BR in the Auto req ID box) > Search
Applications received will be kept confidential and used for employment purposes only. Applicants who are not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Bank will retain their applications for a maximum of one year and may refer suitable applicants to other vacancies within the Bank.