S&P Global Market Intelligence Note to Applicants:
Please submit a cover letter together with your CV in your application. The Role:
Economist, Asia-Pacific, Global Intelligence & Analytics (GIA) The Team:
We are a team of subject matter experts developing forward-looking insights and analysis underpinning the GIA products and advisory, supporting clients to anticipate and manage critical business risks as well as leverage strategic opportunities. GIA's Insights & Analysis cover verticals include economics, country risk, comparative industries, maritime, trade and supply chain. Our structure is evolving in line with our client needs and to deliver on our business vision - which is to enrich our output through more integrated and holistic analysis within and across regional markets and industry sectors. The Impact:
You will join a group of economists and advance cross-capability collaboration. You will partner within Insights & Analysis and across GIA verticals to ensure that we deliver timely actionable intelligence and unique insights to our clients and across S&P Global. What's in it for you:
Do you want to contribute to the deepening and broadening our regional expertise? Join us and you will have the chance to further expand your regional and macroeconomic expertise as part of a fast-growing division. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Work with a team of economists to model and forecast macroeconomic conditions for several Asia-Pacific economies excluding Greater China, provide regular forward-looking insights, forecasts, and risk review on country level
- Work with economists in other regions, analysts across GIA verticals and data specialists to coordinate impactful research on topics of interest to clients
- Support commercial expansion through external speaking engagements, customer and pre-sales briefings, internal and external client inquiries
S&P Global Grade
- 5+ years of macroeconomic forecasting experience with solid quantitative skills and familiarity with EViews desired; proven track record of thought leadership and analytical research written in English
- A bachelor or master's degree in economics or a closely related field with rigorous macroeconomics coursework desired
- Passion for identifying, unpacking, and addressing complex analytical problems
- Deep understanding of the region's economic, political, and business environment
- Desire to grow your knowledge of the GIA capabilities and to drive innovation
- Ability to manage multiple projects to deadline and with variable demands from clients and internal stakeholders in a collaborative manner across APAC and US time zones
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect and influence at all levels internally as well as externally
- Strong self-awareness and cultural intelligence
- Excellent and concise verbal and written English skills
- Local language proficiency desired
- Experience working or living in-region desired
- Flexibility to cover and learn about a new country/region
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 9 The Location:
Singapore (preferred), Hong Kong or Seoul About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Market Intelligence
partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
286063 Posted On: