Senior IS Analyst - Technical Support
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 16 juil. 18 2018-07-16
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 70 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
We are looking for a Senior IS Analyst-Technical Support to join the Technology & Operations team based in Hong Kong. This role will independently develop methodologies and/or procedures/processes that anticipate issues, monitor, assess, test, and improve the efficiency, capacity, and/or compliance of systems and processes to established standards, as well as identify and address.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Communicate effectively across functions globally
- Understand and anticipate barriers and proactively coordinate and/or collaborate with assigned resources and key stakeholders
- Coordinate or deliver high-quality, rapid and relevant moderate to complex client service, education and/or consultation in support of issues, programs, and/or projects
- Review project plans, systems, programs, and tools, and outlines timelines and procedures for modifications and or replacement projects designed by others
- Analyze transition plans and makes recommendations to increase efficiency, compatibility and improvement of workflow and quality of financial management across the organization
- Facilitate implementation and assists in synthesizing of large amounts of data for consumption
- Ensure delivery to standards established through internal and external partnerships
- Guide and mentor team members when necessary
- Lead or participate in the development of contractual business terms and conditions, negotiation strategies and contract events as necessary
- Manage moderate to complex issues, problems, changes and/or requests with high severity and/or impact individual level components or enterprise-wide
- Identify problem root cause and apply permanent fix with minimal business and financial impact, leveraging problem/change trends and/or instrumentation and correlates data into information that may be acted upon
- Gather information with the appropriate teams and understand the potential impact prior to granting approval for system change
- Coordinate responses to issue(s) and apply solution directly, if expedited remediation is required
Reporting and Documentation
- Responsible for maintaining required database(s) and ensuring the integrity and/or validity of the data
- Assist with classification and prioritization of issues
- Assist in identifying the impact of issues (financial, operational or other) and provide accurate and timely communications to the appropriate Business and Technology groups as well as to senior management.
- Detect possible issues and assigns them to appropriate stakeholders or management group to conduct formal issue reviews
- Establish regular communication with IT management and the business regarding the status of actions and adhere to the issue management process
- Review audit responses for completeness
- Perform/coordinate periodic and ad-hoc information gathering, trend analysis, variance analysis & report generation as requested
- Ensure that standards for documentation are complete, accurate, and up-to-date
- Review and assess assigned documentation regularly to identify and remediate gaps
Analysis & Recommendations
- Manage the resolution and recovery of complex issues and/or requests
- Act as the point of contact and escalation for support groups and internal businesses during recovery of major issues or requests
- Assess impact and progress during major issues to ensure escalation is timely and appropriate
- Detect possible issues or requests and assign to the appropriate stakeholders or management group to raise remediation reviews
- Participate in issue/request post-resolution reviews
- Analyze performance, financial and trend data and provide management with recommendations and appropriate scenarios, projecting savings, financial alternative solutions and/or increase efficiency from current/proposed procedures and systems
- Create project proposals, design documents and extensive documentation
- Lead or assist in complex enterprise-wide/global service provider selection process when necessary
- Support the creation and /or maintenance of business continuity or IT disaster recovery plans
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience: Information Systems
- Minimum 6 years of related experience
- MSCE certification is preferred
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluent verbal & written communication skills
- Language skills in English and Cantonese/Mandarin is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence/Report Writing Tools - Business Objects
- Strong knowledge of Business Software - Microsoft Access, Microsoft Office, Visio , Projects
- Strong knowledge of Office Equipment - Printer/copier/fax/multiphone
- Ability to apply project management principles and best practices
- Ability to interact and work with colleagues in a multi-site and cross-functional environment
- Excellent organizational and follow through skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.