Senior Legal Counsel / Legal Counsel
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 15 nov. 17 2017-11-15
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam, offering life insurance across its markets. In Hong Kong, FWD also provides general insurance, employee benefits, pension and financial planning services. FWD’s strategic focus is to leverage technology to create fresh customer
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam, offering life insurance across its markets. In Hong Kong, FWD also provides general insurance, employee benefits, pension and financial planning services. FWD’s strategic focus is to leverage technology to create fresh customer experience, deliver easy-to-understand products, and achieve its vision to become the leading pan-Asian life insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business arm of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities of FWD Hong Kong have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed ‘A3’ by Moody's and ‘A’ by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received ‘A’ rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 487,000 customers with over 600+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
The role offers a broad range of exposures, from drafting policy provisions for insurance products (with focus on life insurance products, whilst also supporting general insurance products), to being involved in regulatory and other projects, and legal advisory across a diverse portfolio of internal businesses and stakeholders.
- Provide legal advice to all business units and departments on different projects, new business initiatives and development of the Company.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documents, including insurance product documents, investment related materials (ILAS, PE fund, GMRA and ISDA) and other commercial contracts.
- Provide support to the General Counsel with communication to regulators.
- Analyze and advise on the legal impact of new or changes in existing legislation, rules, regulations, guidelines concerning the businesses and operations of the Company and co-operate with Compliance to install mechanisms to monitor on-going compliance;
- Review and update existing internal policies and procedures, manuals and guidelines in view of the changing legal environment to the extent that the businesses and operation of the Company are concerned.
- Liaise with and instruct external lawyers on a wide range of legal and compliance issues. Monitor quality of legal services provided by external lawyers.
- Qualified Hong Kong lawyer with 3-5 years post qualification experience in and from life insurance companies is highly preferred.
- Familiar with Insurance Companies Ordinance, Securities and Futures Ordinance, Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance, Companies Ordinance and Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- Exposure to investment trusts as well as related corporate and securities experience is an advantage.
- Fluent in written and spoken English & Chinese (including Putonghua).
- Strong analytical and legal research skills.
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as a team player.
- Candidate with more experience will be considered as Senior Legal Counsel
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.