Senior Manager, Database Support
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 23 juil. 18 2018-07-23
Senior Manager, Database Support
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Job Description Summary:
The Database Support Technical Lead role is to provide day-to-day support of databases as well as leading a small team to perform support tasks including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, backup and recovery of databases
- Provides day-to-day support of databases including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, backup and recovery of databases
- Lead a small team, provide technical advice and governance of BAU tasks performed by database support team
- Analyses logs, tracks and resolves complex software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Coordinates hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed in accordance with company policy.
- Recommends resolution to complex matters of significance and coordinates the implementation of the approved course of action.
- Coordinates and monitors troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Perform the installation of databases for client department-specific applications and systems. Ensures installations are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; determines revisions or updates to installation as needed.
- Coordinates testing, upgrades and configuration of databases services. Ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results. Prepares for and prescribes approaches to possible downstream implications.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have at least 8 year experience of administrating DB2 or Oracle Database Server
- Must have at least 8 years experience of working on Windows, Linux or AIX environments
- Must have at least 3 years in a team lead role
- Experience in applying database patchsets or service packs and database upgrade
- Experience in performing database backup and database recovery
- Experience in troubleshooting and performance tuning using DB2 or Oracle tools
- Experience in database monitoring and health check
- Experience in MSSQL database will be added advantage
- Good communication and writing ability is a must
- Good research, analytical and problem solving skills
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.