Senior Product Manager - Equities
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 15 janv. 18 2018-01-15
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a Senior Product Manager - Equities to join our Global Product Management team based in Asia (Hong Kong or Singapore).
What is the Global Product Management group responsible for?
They are SMEs embedded within the business and act as a liaison with our global distribution, investment managers and other internal business partners. In this role you will interact both with investment management and distribution in an effort to promote, secure and competitively position the product line. You will also be actively involved in global marketing initiatives, institutional and retail client service; and often serve as first point of contact for general questions on the investment strategies. Product Managers represent their respective investment teams acting as an external proxy for prospect/client/consultant meetings and an internal resource on the Global Equity strategies in non-investment related activities.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Product Manager - Equities?
- Analyze, synthesize, produce and communicate information both reactively and proactively that will:
- Act as external proxy for investment management.
- Effectively answer client servicing questions, articulate investment team views and respond to performance issues and other investment-related issues on strategies for assigned asset class
- Educate internal audiences on investment strategies and products. Articulate investment philosophy, process and outlook, as well as performance and positioning of specific products to internal (sales, client service, consultant relations and marketing) audiences
- Create strategic and global messaging for investment team on assigned investment strategy
- Produce investment analysis for use by internal and external clients
- Provide perspective and update (investment strategy positioning and performance context, voice, & messaging) to internal business partners and others responsible for producing and delivering content to internal and external audience
- Contribute to product management activities including:
- Assessing industry trends and competitive landscape for specific strategies/distribution channels and develop defensive/offensive product positioning points
- Participate in the development and pricing of new and current products, and provide new business support where required
- Act as internal global equity-specific resource in cross functional projects including product updates, new product implementation and client onboarding
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- 10 – 15 years of relevant financial services experience, preferably with a focus on investment management, consulting organization, pension fund, endowment or foundation, or sell-side experience.
- In depth experience and specialized knowledge of Global Equities markets
- Experience and confident in presenting in varied situations (retail, institutional, prospect, client, consultant etc).
- Varied experience in both Asian and Shariah equity asset classes preferred
- Knowledge of and interest in global markets, economics, and portfolio theory, with specificity towards portfolio management
- Strong Asian distribution channel expertise and client segment knowledge
- Comprehensive understanding of industry developments, market trends, products & techniques
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills utilizing investment statistics and attention to detail
- Self-driven with positive attitude and a team player
- Strong ability to work independently and autonomously
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Comprehensive understanding of investment and portfolio management processes
- Knowledge of data sources for performance, flows, relevant competitive information is a plus (Morningstar, Lipper, Factset, Bloomberg, MPI, eVestment) a plus
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills in English, additional language skills preferred
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and other office products required.
- Prior sales experience viewed favourably
- CFA/MBA a plus
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.