Senior Regulatory Compliance and Tax Risk Manager - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 25 oct. 17 2017-10-25
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Regulatory Compliance and Tax Risk Manager .
In this role, you will
- Supporting the Chief Control Officer to enable colleagues within Retail Banking and Wealth Management to deliver best in class service to all the customers, colleagues and the Bank itself
- Overseeing all Business As Usual Regulatory or Client Tax reporting programmes including Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, Dodd Frank or Volcker
- Deploying new programmes, including Common Reporting Standards, Tax Transparency certification, Tax Amnesty handling, and the new United Kingdom Corporate Tax Compliance initiative
- Managing all regulatory compliance related initiatives including the Conduct Risk framework
- Executing of the Control strategy to improve risk and control management for Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Providing control expertise and opining on the end to end health of the control environment across the Retail Banking and Wealth Management businesses
- Leading on the implementation of Group Regulatory Compliance and Tax policies and frameworks for Risk Management including embedding of the Conduct Risk framework
- Managing internal and external audit requirements for Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Increasing risk and control awareness and capability within the Retail Banking and Wealth Management business leadership teams
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University degree in an appropriate discipline
- Previous experience in regulatory compliance or Tax risk management within a global organization, working across cultures Strong business understanding of Retail Banking and Wealth Management objectives and operating model as well as Group policies and standards
- Ability to present complex issues confidently and concisely to Senior Management using simple language
- Comprehensive knowledge of the external environment, e.g. risk, regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills with experience of positive, challenging interactions with senior executives across multiple functions
- Proven Risk & Control subject matter expertise
- Proactive and delivery focused to ensure individual and team tasks are completed on time and to the required levels of quality
- Experience of building and maintaining strong working relationships across a globally distributed matrix organization
- Excellent written communication skills, ability to clearly document the current state and the recommendations
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009XVS
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited