Senior Risk Analyst, Asset Management - Global Asset Management
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 06 déc. 17 2017-12-06
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Asset Management, the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC’s worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds. Global Asset Management fulfills its purpose of connecting HSBC’s clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Risk Analyst, Asset Management.
In this role, you will
- Implement risk management policies and procedures to ensure the portfolio and business are in compliance with regulatory requirement and aligned with the risk appetite defined by the management.
- Provide proper and timely responses to internal requests for risk analysis information
- Monitor the investment risk exposures, market, liquidity, counterparty and credit risk of the portfolio against relevant benchmarks and internal risk threshold
- Increase the quality and enlarge the scope of risk data and resolution of data issues
- Provide input to different committee meetings with risk team being involved, risk governance forums
- Contribute to the development of risk tools and local solutions to measure and analyze the investment risk incurred by the managed funds.
- Actively contribute to any regulatory, either local or cross border, driven project to ensure the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Global Asset Management is in line from risk perspective
- Proactive in sharing regulatory documentation and knowledge, identify, report and escalate the risks for the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Global Asset Management if any in the appropriate forums
- Support and encourage close links with Product, Request for Proposal, Sales and Client Propositions teams, all along the product stages such as design, new launch, review, and due diligence
- Leverage the new risk systems and capabilities to further enhance the monitoring and understanding of investment risk to support existing and potential new clients
- Oversight of the investment risk of all asset classes such as implementation of the appropriate and consistent monitoring frameworks in line with Risk principles and policy
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Advanced technical skills in regards to the management and monitoring different types of risk such as liquidity, market, counterparty, valuation and pricing of instruments.
- Creation and development of improved diversified and complete risk metrics, methodologies, framework, processes and systems based on in depth knowledge and experience
- Ability to translate the understanding of regulatory and internal principles and policy into more complex actions and output such as creation of exposure metrics using or developing a model, development of practical processes and processes, establishing methodology for determining risk exposure limits
- Creation and development of investment risk metrics such as Methodologies, frameworks, Processes and systems based on in depth knowledge and experience in asset management
- Graduate degree in Finance or related discipline, professional certification such as Chartered Financial Analyst, Financial Risk Manager or Professional Risk Manager is a plus
- Several years of experience in asset management industry, preferably in risk and controls functions, within an international work environment
- Solid finance knowledge of financial instruments and their valuations mechanisms
- General understanding across Asian countries and main overseas legal and regulatory frameworks
- Fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin are a plus
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure, sometimes with tight deadlines, curious, well organized, analytical and numerical skills, team player but ability to work independently and take initiatives, written communication skills
- Familiar with Office tools and programming skills are a plus
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A4H4
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited