Service Design Manager - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 07 déc. 17 2017-12-07
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Service Design Manager.
In this role, you will
- Drive development and evolution of Service Design both as a discipline and practice with a focus on quality and impact.
- Own Service Design craft and capability output across key projects, ensuring each project deliverable is of the highest quality.
- Uncover opportunities to apply design thinking and service design to solve challenges
- Explain, discuss and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to other team members.
- Drive design quality across multiple projects: guide the direction and push quality of the work beyond the status quo by establishing a culture of cutting-edge practices in the field of Service Design.
- Educate designers and peers on new approaches to design thinking and Service Design.
- Continually improve the toolkit for design thinking and Service Design by refining existing tools, methods, or processes, and by seeking out and incorporating new tools, methods, or processes.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional teams.
- Mastery of Service Design, proficiency in Design Research and Business Design, and familiarity with digital product creation.
- Proven history leading or working with cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective and coherent design solution.
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions.
- Excellent leadership skills, problem resolution abilities, and good judgment
- Planning and analytical skills are essential
- Strong command of English language both verbal and written a must, with Chinese both simplified and traditional preferred
- Ability to work with many parties both internal and external to the bank
- Customer focussed, results based approach, able to deliver to deadlines
- Demonstrates flexibly when addressing shifting or competing priorities.
- Proven ability to influence large teams without direct leadership authority.
- Have an understanding of how user research should be integrated in to a project and a good understanding of all the other skill sets and expertise including Business Design, Business
- Be a storyteller in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients
- Excellent presentation skills
- Impeccable personal time management
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A3FC
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited