Strategic Product Development Manager
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BNY Mellon
- 19 juil. 18 2018-07-19
Strategic Product Development Manager
• Responsible for Product Management, Development and Strategy for Collateral Management Product solutions with a dedicated focus on the specific commercial and regulatory requirements for the APAC market environment. Responsible to define the specific product strategy and roadmap for this region.
• Beyond leading individual product enhancements requests, the responsibility is to conduct market analysis to ensure the specific business requirements of the market as well as profitability and penetration goal for the market are met. This applies across the different product development initiatives and requires working in partnership with the European and US team to provide on-going input into the Product Development Cycle.
• Given the specific focus on market development in the APAC region, close alignment and, where necessary and required, cross-product design with Securities Finance business is needed
• Close involvement with Legal and Regulatory and Advocacy teams is required to represent the Collateral Business with local regulators and central banks and stay engaged in the developments of the collateral markets and post-trade infrastructure in the region.
• Responsible to ensure representation of BNY Mellon in respective industry working groups.
• Works with sales and relationship management teams to support sales efforts and close on deals as needed. May also be responsible for revenue goals, profitability, and pricing for assigned products along with capital and operating budgets.
• He/She requires a deep understanding of the Collateral business, the securities lending business, the financial industry in general and the changing regulatory environment. He/She should also have a deep understanding of the global debt and equity markets.
• He/She should have the ability to strategically design structures and processes that will create innovative value added services that enable them to scale their business.
• The post holder should have the ability to recognise new opportunities as well as subtle points of difference relative to the competition and the ability to effectively communicate this internally and to clients.
He/she should understand internal policy and external regulatory compliance issues as well as understanding the financial metrics of the business.
• Degree qualified with 10 or more years in the Securities or Banking Industry
• The incumbent is fully proficient in the role & able to function independently with minimal guidance from manager.
• Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment. Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability.
• Manages the product life cycle from development through marketing for key products. Collaborates with senior leaders to implement enhancements to products that bridge gaps in firm product portfolio. Establishes the criteria for product line evaluation, pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators.
• Is directly responsible for product profitability across a range of large, complex, global products. Ensures Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. team concerns are addressed during the product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes.
• He/She will need to collaborate effectively other APAC product personnel as well as with Markets personnel across all legal entities in APAC. He/she will also need to work closely with various business partners, including but not limited to, Technology, Legal, Compliance, and Risk.
• He/She will be expected to document, implement and communicate new services and enhancements into the organisation and serve as the strategic subject matter expert (SME) for assigned product (s)/project(s).
Fluent English speaker
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As our clients address evolving liquidity, risk and collateral eligibility needs as a result of changing regulations, Global Collateral Services helps them move collateral where and when they need it. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services institutional investors and intermediaries need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70659
Organization: Collateral and Segregation-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1810511