Technology - Project Design Engineer, Specialized Electronic Trading, Associate - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 mai 18 2018-05-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
The Network Operations team is looking for a Project Design Engineer specialized in high performance electronic trading infrastructure to join our growing team in Hong Kong. The team operates across 1300 locations in 43 countries and manages several hundred additional client, exchange and market data connections.
We are looking for a Project Design Engineer to join our dynamic team. You will be part of a team that will evaluate, design and implement solutions in support of the global Morgan Stanley low latency, high speed trading plant. Working with the latest technologies across the entirety of financial products and leveraging industry knowledge and technical trends, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring customer requirements for low latency, high performance computing, security and efficient execution across complex routing are achieved.
Our wide range of products are provided by vendors the likes of Cisco, Arista and Adva our firm has long established relationships with. These relationships allow us direct access to product information and specialized trainings on demand.
• CCIE lab certification or CCIE level experience is preferred
• Extensive knowledge of network protocols such as BGP, OSPF, RIP, L2-VPNs, Multicast (PIM SM/DM/SSM), NAT, RSTP/PVSTP+, 802.1q trunking, CEF, ARP, DHCP snooping, TCAM, Dynamic ARP inspection, IGMPv2/3
• Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP concepts such as TCP Slow-start, Dup-Acks, Retransmits, SACK, Subnetting, Supernetting, as well as Testing Suite IXIA, Spirent, Shundra, RFC2544 and IMIX/EMIX and test setup
• Experience in designing and implementing the following Data Networking Products and technologies:
- Cisco Platforms: Nexus and Catalyst switches
- Arista Platforms: 7000 series switches, Tap Aggregation switches
• Network switching architecture (Switch packet forwarding, ASIC architecture such as latency, buffering and capabilities)
• Have worked with different type of physical ports and transceivers used in the network
• Knowledge in timing reference protocols such as GPS, PTP, Spectracomm
• Basic Corvil or equivalent analytical appliance knowledge
• Basic knowledge trading venues and their flows such as market data and order entries
• Desire to learn and adapt to new technology
• Ability to prioritise along with good time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Ability to participate as part of a team
• High level of initiative, proactive approach
• Ability to work under high pressure
• Sense of ownership/accountability
• Flexible and adaptable to meet the teams needs
• Honest, hardworking and reliable
• Proficient in UNIX or Linux, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio