Description About this role
The Business Intelligence team within the EMEA Client COO team leverages technology and data to develop management information and analytics that drive actionable insights into how our sales teams perform and engage with our clients across the EMEA client businesses. We directly help shape how BlackRock sells and services our clients through the power of data to ultimately help drive our business forward.
The team partners closely with our Technology and Engineering teams to build data and visualization tools for our Sales and Distribution teams to ensure that management information and analytics are delivered with the highest business impact. You will also partner with internal technology teams on infrastructure, tools, processes, standards, and development, as well as other data science and analytics teams across the organization.
The successful candidate will have a passion for technology, data and clients, comfort working across a range of technology capabilities, including databases, software, and infrastructure, and a love of solving complex problems together with creating high-impact data visualizations.
At BlackRock, we embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while allowing you to grow professionally and as an individual. With over $8 trillion of assets under management, we have an exceptional responsibility: our products and technology empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home, and improve their general financial wellbeing. Your responsibilities may include:
Some of the skills you should have:
- Use cutting-edge tools to develop management information reporting and analytics that power selling to and servicing BlackRock's clients across the EMEA business.
- Refine ambiguous questions, generate new hypotheses, deliver analysis, and develop a data-backed viewpoint of how our sales and distribution teams are performing
- Develop and own the long-term CRM sales data road map through a deep understanding of the data, our clients, and our business.
- Develop, own, and evangelize key business metrics, tools and reporting across different sales and distribution channels
- Create high visibility dashboards, reports, and visualizations to ensure the timely delivery of valuable metrics and actionable insights.
- Collaborate with other teams of the data science and analytics community across the firm on best practices, code review, internal tools, and process improvements.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Engineering or another quantitative field
- Proficiency in SQL for querying data and building database tables including knowledge of working and building datasets within different database environments such as Hadoop
- Experience in developing data solutions such as ETLs, databases, API's to both source and provide data, and automation a plus
- Deep knowledge of model and algorithm development (mathematical and statistical knowledge) and expertise with either coding in Python or R
- Experience in Tableau or PowerBI or similar for delivery of management information and reporting
- Highly quantitative, with a keen eye for teasing out insights from large and complex volumes of data
- Experience in Financial, Client, Business or Marketing Analytics preferred
- The ability to effectively collaborate with and present to both technical and non-technical partners
- Intellectual curiosity and a commercial mindset
- Knowledge of the asset management industry and financial products a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.