Contracting Officer (Analyst)
- Not Specified
- Budapest, Hongrie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 14 janv. 18 2018-01-14
Budapest At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organsiaiton is create a better financial future for
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organsiaiton is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer The excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
The role is to join our Onboarding-Contracting team in Budapest as a Core Contracting Officer. The team forms a critical control function within the Global OnBoarding Function. In addition to OnBoarding-Contracting, the Global OnBoarding function includes OnBoarding-Implementation (which leads the on boarding of portfolios and directs critical client change events such as benchmark and other investment guideline updates), and OnBoarding-Client Documentation (which leads the for processes pertaining to verification of client Due Diligence and other critical client documentation (FATCA, CRS, etc) as well as the capturing contractual data and documentation).
The OnBoarding-Contracting team plays a key role in on-boarding new clients within BlackRock and managing change for existing clients with respect to the contractual set up. The team focuses on the drafting, negotiation, co-ordination and execution of investment management agreements, investment guidelines or criteria, and other related documentation for new clients and existing clients. Trading documentation (such as ISDAs) and fund documentation (Fund IMAs and prospectuses) are explicitly out of scope for this team.
As an Analyst within OnBoarding-Contracting, you will support a growing area in a dynamic and challenging environment. You will be responsible for your own portfolio of business with some guidance and oversight, based upon a team of Account Managers and/or specific regional offices whose clients you will support from a documentation perspective. You will be responsible for providing in depth knowledge of your client's mandates as well as an excellent client focus.
The team is uniquely positioned within the business at BlackRock. You will play an important role in this critical component of winning new business and managing change for existing clients. You will work closely with all product areas and sales teams, partner with Legal & Compliance, and reach out to all other operational groups such as Reporting, Portfolio Compliance, Billing and Operations. The team presents an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to these areas of the business as well as a wealth of knowledge about the workings of BlackRock and the products it manages
Key responsibilities include:
- Accurate drafting, negotiation and co-ordination of contractual documentation for your portfolio of business.
- Facilitation and co-ordination of all internal stakeholders across different regions involved in the contracting process, ensuring their comments flow through to the contract and requisite approvals are obtained.
- Partnering with the OnBoarding Implementation team to manage client change as efficiently as possible.
- Ensuring that the appropriate contracting process is followed for all contract processing to mitigate risk to BlackRock.
- Negotiating client documentation within specified parameters escalating legal and operational risk when necessary.
- Ensuring that all completed contractual documentation is properly filed, stored and retrievable.
- Supporting the sales team with contractual documentation queries.
- Participating in research initiatives or projects that are requested by the sales, product or legal team.
- Curious: You like to learn new things and have a healthy disrespect for status quo
- Brave: You are happiest outside your comfort zone
- Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
- Open: You value and respect input from other
- Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
- Geeky: You want to outsmart the problem.
You should have
- Fluent English is a must, additional European language knowledge is an advantage
- Asset management or financial services experience is an advantage, but not essential
- Experience of drafting contractual documentation is an advantage but not a requirement on the Analyst level
- A legal background or qualification with experience of drafting and negotiating agreements is preferred
- Relevant legal qualification (desirable not essential).
- Project management/stakeholder management experience.
- Strong proficiency on standard software (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Experienced contract management and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organisation and presentation skills.
- Interest in the asset management industry (fund types, client base and strategies, operational set up and products) and applicable law and regulations.
- Ability to independently manage your own portfolio of business with some guidance and oversight.
- Strong awareness of process efficiency and the need to mitigate risk through team processes.
- Exemplary analytical, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with both internal and external clients at all levels and regions.
- Team player - both with regard to your direct team as well as those with whom you support.
- Flexible and open to accepting new challenges; able to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding and ever changing environment while maintaining the highest standard and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to balance client needs with BlackRock’s policies and operational procedures; possess excellent regulatory and technical awareness in order to understand associated risks and provide innovative, risk-free and com
pliance friendly solutions.