Investment Due Diligence & Quantitative Research Team Leader
- Not Specified
- Budapest, Hongrie Budapest Budapest HU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 15 juil. 18 2018-07-15
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organization is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyze, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer the excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
Client Portfolio Solutions
Client Portfolio Solutions (CPS) is a BlackRock investment group focused on delivering whole-portfolio asset allocation and portfolio construction services and solutions to meet our clients’ growing demand for outcome-oriented investment solutions in the face of challenging markets, greater complexity and rising regulatory scrutiny.
CPS provides a single point-of-contact for custom portfolio construction, with individual Client Chief Investment Officers offering Multi-Asset expertise and owning the design, delivery and performance of custom portfolio solutions for our clients. These experts are segmented by client channels, including DC and Wealth Management Platforms, Pensions, Insurance, Foundations & Endowments, Family Office, Official Institutions and Multi-nationals. CPS is also organized into three major regions – Americas, EMEA and APAC – with teams responsible for qualifying client inquiries and identifying solutions that recognize the importance of understanding and addressing client needs and preferences through a local lens.
CPS brings together the best of BlackRock’s real-world investment expertise, premier asset allocation, manager selection and macro research, and industry-leading risk analysis capabilities to offer our clients a holistic, differentiated portfolio construction experience.
Our team is made up of experts in strategic asset allocation design and manager research who partner with investment professionals in Fixed Income, Active Equity, ETF and Index, Multi-Asset Strategies and Alternative asset classes to blend multiple sources of return to maximize long-term performance.
We draw on the insights and thought leadership of our Portfolio Research Group, a dedicated capability within the BlackRock Investment Institute to provide clear, unified portfolio construction and asset allocation best practices for our investment teams and clients. And working with sales teams empowered to engage our clients on a whole-portfolio basis and leveraging our risk-management expertise, built around Aladdin’s industry-leading analytics, we are committed to setting a new standard of excellence in partnering with clients to achieve their outcomes.
Our important and fascinating work is at the very center of a quickly evolving asset management industry and embodies BlackRock’s strategic commitment to meet our clients’ evolving needs and expectations. We envision a bold and exciting future and invite you to join our team.
Client Portfolio Solutions is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce regardless of race, national origin, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, or religion or belief. We are passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees are valued and respected. Consistent with our diverse client base, we recognize the benefit that diverse teams bring to the success of our business.
Who we are
The Manager Research team works within Client Portfolio Solutions to identify and monitor best-of-breed investment strategies for use in client portfolios. The team manages an Approved List that comprises investment strategies that are managed by third party investment management firms as well as strategies managed by BlackRock investment teams. Key team responsibilities include new manager searches, investment due diligence, operational due diligence and on-going monitoring of managers. The team has the ambition to develop a more data- and technology-driven approach to research. The Manager Research team collaborates with teams across the firm to ensure an outstanding client experience and to ensure consistency and best practice across the collection of mandates the team supports.
What you will be doing
- Working closely with Client CIOs, Portfolio Managers and other internal stakeholders to ensure that the optimal investment strategy is included in client portfolios taking mandate specific requirements into account
- Actively contribute to enhancement of the Manager Research capability, innovating the way we leverage data and technology in our research process
- Lead a group of Budapest based professionals of the Manager Research team; inspire, engage and develop talent
- Conduct primary, mainly quantitative research of investment opportunities, strategy peer groups and strategies across asset classes
- Develop scalable processes and tools to perform due diligence on strategies, investment teams and asset management firms; assessing investment styles and skills, the quality of investment strategies and consistency of the added alpha above their respective benchmarks
- Document the selection, monitoring and due diligence process in support of well-researched recommendations to address specific client portfolio needs in the most effective way
- Present due diligence findings to a governance committee and be prepared to support the analysis
We are looking for people who are:
- Fiduciary: You consistently put clients first and maintain integrity in every aspect of performance
- Curious: You like to learn new things and are happy to challenge the status quo
- Intellectual: You want to outsmart the problem
- Accountable: You feel personal ownership and passion for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
- Finishers: You drive things to completion
- Exacting: “Good enough” is simply not good enough
- Open: You value and respect input from others
What you should have
- At least 7 years’ experience conducting investment research, preferably across a variety of asset classes and with an affinity for manager selection
- Ability to evaluate value-add of active investment strategies and associated
- A structured process driven approach to research and data analysis is a must
- Highly analytical with strong verbal and written communication skills. Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality with keen attention to detail. Open-minded thought process and intellectual honesty
- Strong understanding of data available in the investment management industry and experience in managing and accessing such data to support research efforts. Strong Excel financial modelling skills required. Knowledge of VBA, eVestment, Morningstar and Bloomberg is preferred
- Strong cross team and firm relationship building skills; proven ability to operate successfully in a global organization in which teams depend on each other to meet and exceed client expectations
- Energetic, inquisitive and the necessary initiative to work on an analytical, research-driven team
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task, demonstrating process rigor
- Undergraduate degree required; CFA and/or MBA degree preferred
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.