VAT Compliance Accountant
- Budapest, Hongrie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 déc. 17 2017-12-15
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
We are currently looking for
VAT Compliance Accountant
for our Budapest office
Reporting to the EMEA VAT Compliance Manager, the main responsibility is for the compilation, review and submission of VAT returns for Morgan Stanley entities in Europe. In addition, the individual will be required to assist with other returns and projects and departmental administration as required.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Complete a regular monthly process of review, completion of VAT returns & statistical declarations
- Co-ordinate with VAT technical experts to implement changes to processes for the VAT returns
- Prepare and deliver management reporting and commentary for Indirect Tax Management
- Enhance and maintain Indirect Tax policies and procedures
- Management of 8th directive VAT reclaims in Europe
- Work with the members of the Indirect Tax group to update VAT technical and accounting methodologies to be applied,
- Collaborate with the business units to understand their business and to ensure that the correct information has been received for the returns, and work with them to resolve issues
- Assist with VAT audits and queries from various Tax authorities
- Supervision of VAT Associates and Analysts
- Project work as required on new systems and functionality enhancement
- Other tasks as required
- Min 4 year experience in a Finance related role, preferably in the area of VAT compliance/advisory
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Intermediate skills on Microsoft tools, particularly Excel
- Good interpersonal and communications skills; team player
- Self-motivated, innovative and flexible
- Be able to deal easily with multiple issues and under pressure
- Escalate issues and risks to the supervisor in a timely manner
- Be able to step back from details
- Professional accounting qualification/studying (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Knowledge of European Language beside English is a plus (eg French, German)
The Tax Department reports to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 200 employees worldwide.
The Tax department ensures compliance with income and indirect tax filings, and monitors tax regulations and legislation. In addition, it calculates reports and discloses all of the Firm's tax-related expenses. The department also plans and manages the Firm's domestic and international tax strategies and advises Firm management and business units on business products, location and structure.
The Indirect Tax Group in London, Sydney, Budapest, Shanghai and New York provide Morgan Stanley with global in-house expertise, primarily in VAT. The Group brings together technical experts who advise business units, with controllers who have an understanding of the processes, systems and accounting principles.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.