BlackRock - Global Product Group - Investment Oversight - Associate
Description About this role About BlackRock
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. We are one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs..
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com Global Product Group (GPG)
Product development is viewed as a core global discipline at BlackRock, where it has been recognised that successful product development is the focal point for the impartial analysis of new ideas and brings together different skills from around the business to turn those ideas into realistic product propositions aligned with BlackRock's priorities. It is important to ensure that this function delivers products which combine the investment capabilities with the distribution potential of the firm, whilst ensuring robust operational support and oversight. At BlackRock the responsibility for product development (ex iShares), product structuring and investment oversight (including iShares) and range management activities for EMEA pooled funds has been brought under the GPG. BlackRock has over 1000 funds in the EMEA region.
The GPG team is responsible for the strategic development, formation, alignment, ongoing maintenance, analytics, oversight and governance pertaining to Blackrock's large and diverse range of funds established in multiple domiciles throughout the EMEA region and distributed to clients around the world. The broad remit of the team results in it performing a wide range of functions, including investment oversight. Business Unit Overview
BlackRock's Investment Oversight team is responsible for the monitoring, supervision and control of Investment Management policy, strategy and performance. As part of BlackRock's Global Product Group ('GPG') our mission is to bring innovation, discipline, and focus to BlackRock's investment product line governance and oversight in the EU and UK. In Dublin, Investment Oversight is responsible for oversight of Investment Management of UCITS and AIFMD funds managed by BlackRock Asset Management Ireland Limited ('BAMIL'). Job Description
Supporting the Designated Person for BAMIL's Investment Management function, a key part of the role is to ensure that product investment guidelines are rigorously considered before and after implementation or change, providing for the consistent delivery of intended outcomes for clients; that all clients are treated fairly and that products remain 'true to label', consistent with their Prospectus.
This position will contribute to the conduct of continuous oversight and independent governance of BAMIL's Investment Management function. More broadly, the position will have the opportunity to contribute and develop within the Investment Oversight and GPG team in their coverage of related products, regional projects and governance initiatives. Key expectations of all team members include:
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients' interests and assist the business to translate the highest fiduciary standards into their daily work
- Having client interests at the centre of everything we do
- Cultivating and enhancing the governance culture within BlackRock
- Providing thought leadership on the impact and implementation of regulation
- Developing and fostering excellence within the Investment Oversight team
Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients' interests and assist the business to translate the highest fiduciary standards into their daily work
- Generate, maintain and review investment strategy guideline database across the Irish range of funds, applying those guidelines to their oversight and governance
- Resolution of investment guideline escalations and queries, engaging with the key stakeholders from Legal & Compliance, Investment and Regulatory Risk, Portfolio Management and other teams
- Participate in the Product Development Lifecycle from initial concept through to launch, and oversight of the fund investment profile thereafter
- Sourcing, validation and analysis of performance data, preparation of presentations and performance reporting for BlackRock governance bodies
- Support of the conduct of oversight of delegated Investment Management functions provided to the Irish entity as envisaged under CP-86
Our ideal candidate will have at least three years experience within a leading professional service firm or at an investment/fund manager and will have gained expertise in Irish financial supervisory regime as well as EU rules and related regulations including practical translation into internal framework and policies.
- The successful candidate will exhibit strong execution, partnership and relationship management skills. with the ability to engage successfully with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- A highly-motivated self-starter, the successful candidate will demonstrate sound judgment, excellent technical and regulatory knowledge, strong team ethic, combined with high energy, enthusiasm, resilience, tenacity and diplomacy.
- Experience working with mutual funds within a UCITS, AIF asset management firm; operating within a regulatory governance framework
- Relevant qualifications related to risk, investment, investment compliance or financial markets, supported by a practical experience
- Knowledgeable in practical implementation of investment strategies, instruments, fund performance attribution, analysis, derivatives, leverage, hedging, investment and regulatory risk concepts; demonstrable interest in current markets, fund concepts, regulatory themes
- Strong prioritization and time management skills; ability to manage multiple requirements and deliver effective outcomes efficiently
- Good communication and reporting capabilities - ability to interpret financial data and clearly articulate at all levels, including portfolio managers, fund directors, external auditors, senior management;
- High competency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, scripting/programming experience a plus
- Fluent professional English language is required, other European languages an advantage
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.