Head of Market Strategy
- Dublin, Leinster, Irlande
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Mediolanum International Funds Ltd
- 08 janv. 18 2018-01-08
We are looking for a Head of Market Strategy to join our Investment Department. This person will be the Head of the market strategy team, working closely with the Head of Investments, Portfolio Managers and Fund Analysts. This role will focus on developing relevant, informed, high quality in-depth research to inform strategic and tactical positioning for our products.
The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics:
- In depth economic and investment knowledge as demonstrated by experience in asset management or similar financial service.
- Able to develop and work with fundamental macro-economic models to assist investment decision-making across all major asset classes
- Managing a growing team of strategists
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and the ability to excel in a self-starting environment.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as R or python would be an advantage to develop models working with structured and unstructured data to develop econometric models
Strong writing and communication skills, critical thinker, detail oriented, thrives and delivers in a fast pace environment
Principal Duties of the position, including but not limited to:
This person will be responsible for ensuring the outlook of the strategists is coherent across all of the asset classes. They will be responsible for the production of a monthly asset allocation document. The team will be measured on the performance of calls made. The pick of these calls will be implemented on an internal fund with the Investment committee deciding on which tactical positions are suited to be placed across the funds. Potential subjects include overall asset allocation, equity, fixed income and FX strategy. The success within the role will be measured by the accuracy of the analysis provided.
- Helping develop strategic view on major asset classes as well as factors, regions, and currencies to inform longer term portfolio construction considerations
- Managing a team of 7 strategists in order to formulate the tactical and strategic positioning of the investment team.
- This position will have a seat on the Investment Committee
- Utilising own proprietary modelling or external research provider to develop valuations of specific assets
- Trade idea generation based on analysis of fundamental and technical information (with emphasis on fundamental)
- Critical thinking about quantitative and macroeconomic investment ideas and ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
- Ensuring sharing of knowledge and techniques with other investment strategists
- CFA qualification, Graduate degree with strong academic record in economics, finance, or a similar discipline required. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- 15 years’+ experience in finance, preferably in asset management or similar financial institution as either a multi-asset strategist or portfolio manager
- Previous experience in managing a team is a prerequisite
- Confident Communicator of investment topics.
- Passion for investing and capital markets and multi-asset experience of equity, fixed income and FX in developed and emerging regions.
- Familiarity with quantitative models and techniques required. Ability to write or modify code to support analytical work is a plus