Technology Compliance Specialist
- Dublin, Leinster, Irlande Dublin Leinster IE
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 18 juil. 18 2018-07-18
Technology Compliance Specialist
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Location: Dublin (Leopardstown)
Line of Business: Compliance / Risk
Here in our Dublin office we are seeking a Technology Compliance Specialist to join our dedicated EMEA regional Technology Compliance team. You will be working in a risk and control function, focusing heavily on the inventory of laws, rules and regulations that effect the EMEA technology coverage area.
You will provide Technology Compliance support for EMEA to include oversight and ongoing support for the EU migration. You will report to the director of EMEA Technology Compliance based in Bromley.
You will make an immediate impact in the team due to the increased expectations and project work required from the team going forward, as Technology will have complex migration programs and work schemes to cover which will need to be supported by compliance professionals.
You will have experience working in banking and have a knowledge of technology, regulatory projects and risk initiatives. We will provide training on the compliance aspects, and you will benefit from an onboarding initiative, rapidly bringing you up to speed on the organisation. This will include an introduction to the bank and how the compliance area organises itself covering technology, general compliance training, and then more intricate training on technology areas in which you will work, who you will face off to and the main contacts within the area.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- You will handle compliance with direct technology laws rules and regulations. You will maintain up to date LRRs and ensure they are in the inventory, using pre-existing routines and tools to do so
- You will lead the regulatory change function, ensuring that any changes that come through that impact EU and Ireland entities are adhered to. You will use the system that pushes regulatory changes through and work with technology partners to implement
- You will build compliance risks assessments once a year at EMEA level. With the EU having different views than the UK this risk assessment may be split in the future
- You will execute monitoring and testing at a global level, and you will monitor how these global aspects meet the local regulatory requirements. Over the next few years you will ensure EU regulatory requirements are assessed and implemented as needed
- You will carry out reporting on a monthly basis and build a report showing compliance issues, regulatory changes and testing results. You shall also handle separate EU reporting and governance activities
- You may also have to work with lower level project work streams and attend meetings when required, providing mentorship on any regulatory issues
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Technology, risk and control experience within GTO is critical. Additional experience with Compliance and/or regulatory initiatives would be helpful in the role
- Meaningful experience within a Global Banking and Markets financial services environment, preferably within a Technology role with exposure to regulatory requirements
- Solid business insight & executive presence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to understand details of business processes and compliance applicability
- Some business travel (c5%) will be required as part of the role
Nice to have:
- Compliance experience (preferably in an area supporting Global Banking and Markets business)
- Deep understanding of financial services technology, operations, products and services
- Experience mapping regulatory applicability, controls, assessing risk, and establishing related testing programs
- Experience with third party/vendor management Compliance oversight
- Compliance certification (CRCM) a plus but not required
- Broad knowledge of global (specifically EU/Ireland) laws, rules and regulations
- Prior experience in a Global Technology & Operations organisation
- Compliance, Risk or Audit experience(IT audit experience will be considered)
- European language skills (French and/or German) would be an advantage but not essential
- Demonstrates Business Insight
- Drives Operational Excellence
- Identifies and Measures/Mitigates and Controls/Monitors and Tests Compliance Risk
- Private healthcare coverage
- Pension plan - 6% of base salary (we match employees contributions up to a maximum of 12%, or 15% after 15 years' service)
- Life assurance
- Vacation 25 days (ability to flex down or up with manager approval)
- Health screen
- Group income protection
- Personal accident insurance
- As a valued member of our team you will also be eligible for a number of optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, dental cover, retail vouchers and reduced costs on selected leisure and entertainment
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.